Re: Liaison from OASIS Web Services Discovery and Devices Profile Technical Committee to W3C Web Services Resources Access Working Committee

Dear Alain and Toby,

The WS-RA working group is steadily advancing its work towards
completion.
Interim progress can be gauged from links available on its main page[1]
The working group publishes working drafts every three months, the
most recent was June 25 and we expect that the next will occur in mid
September.
Editor's copies are also available from the main page which are more
current, but may include issue resolution text that although
incorporated has not been reviewed by the working group.

At our face to face meeting on 2009-08-04, we discussed schedule, and
reached a tentative estimate of milestone completion.
As these things go, some issues take more time to resolve than others,
so at best the estimate is approximate.  the schedule on the main page
has been updated to reflect that discussion.

I expect that the September working draft will be a good place to
start reviewing our work and we would appreciate it if you and your TC
begin to provide comments before we close the last call drafts in
October since it is important to us that we receive and resolve those
comments to avoid later schedule slippages.

Please note that there is no guarantee that these specs advance in the
lock-step manner implied by the schedule.  As each spec matures
measured by open issues and interoperability test progress, it will
advance.

Our issue list is maintained in a database[2] which is available for
your inspection so that you may satisfy your curiosity of our
remaining work whenever you wish.

I will include you in my list of interested parties for updates when
reviews are solicited or significant schedule changes occur.
thank you for your interest.

Please forward this email to your TC's mailing list since I may not
have the necessary permissions to post.

-bob
Bob Freund
Chair, W3C ws-ra working group