RE: proposal for 6594, 672, 6673

Geoff,
  Chris suggested some wording tweaks - for example, for Put:
This REQUIRED element MUST have as its first child element, an element
that comprises the representation of the resource that is to be replaced.
Additional extension elements MAY be included after the element
representing the resource.

instead of:
This is a REQUIRED element.  The first child element MUST contain the
representation to be used for the update.  If extension elements are
present, they MUST occur after the mandatory first child element.

Thoughts?

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Geoff Bullen <Geoff.Bullen@microsoft.com>
04/21/2009 01:58 PM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
"public-ws-resource-access@w3.org" <public-ws-resource-access@w3.org>,
"public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org"
<public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org>
Subject
RE: proposal for 6594, 672, 6673

Doug,
Don?t you think that it is useful to call out specific points of
extensibility in the spec?
Both Policy and RX use this notation.
--Geoff