Re: [issue 6432] - a modest proposal

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009, Doug Davis wrote:

> Yves,
>  Actually, what you describe is what we have now.  We have two different
> ways of
> expressing how/where to send a message(s) within the same spec.  We're
> moving
> towards one way.  And, in doing so we're moving towards having it be
> consistent with
> all other WS-* specs.  Code reuse!  No specialized "message sending" code
> needed
> just for WS-Eventing.  That's even better for interoperability.

I am not talking about the quality of the solutions here. My point was
that we currently have solution 'A' in Eventing, and the possibility of
using solution 'B' using a mU trick. You propose to add in Eventing
solution 'B' but keep 'A' and just add a mU to 'A'.
Regardless of what are 'A' and 'B', I see absolutely no gain wrt
interoperability. We still have two different solutions that won't
interoperate.

         ~~Yves