Re: issue 6432 - yet another proposal

Folks,
I will try this with colour:
<s:Envelope . . .>
   <s:Header>
     <wsa:Action>http://www.w3.org/2009/02/ws-evt/Subscribe<wsa:Action>
     <wsa:MessageID>uuid:d7c5726b-de29-4313-b4d4-b3425b200839</
wsa:MessageID>
     <wsa:ReplyTo>
       <wsa:Address>http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous</
wsa:Address>
     </wsa:ReplyTo>
     <wsa:To>http://www.example.org/oceanwatch/EventSource</wsa:To>
   </s:Header>
   <s:Body>
     <wse:Subscribe>
       <wse:Delivery>
         <wse:NotifyTo>
           <wsa:Address>http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/
anonymous</wsa:Address>
         </wse:NotifyTo>
       </wse:Delivery>
     </wse:Subscribe>
   </s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

Red: General SOAP layer.
Green: WSE Application Layer.
Blue: WS-Addressing infrastructure.

OK the important point is that no matter what delivery model I want to
use, I only change blue and red text. The beauty of Eventing is that
the green XML stays the same across all the use cases we have discussed.

For wse:Push: In the blue NotifyTo EPR include a sensible address.

For wsman:PushWithAck: In the blue NotifyTo EPR include an address and
possibly policy indicating reliable delivery required. This will means
some more stuff will show up in red and possibly orange (for the
reliable messaging) on the delivered messages.

For wsman:Pull: In blue include either an MC special URI or the actual
address of a WS-Notification Pull point.

For wsman:Events: This is the same as wsman:PushWithAck which affects
only the blue, red, and orange XML, but using a format provided by WS-
Management V2.0 in some pink XML.

Notice: No Green XML changes!!!

In fact existing implementations have to change NOTHING in their
semantics. They will need to understand the new namespace and learn
not to look for the Mode attribute. The semantics of Eventing do not
change.

>>> "http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/none". Messages targeted to
>>> either
>>> of these URIs are processed differently from messages targeted to
>>> "normal" URIs such as "http://webserivce.bea.com/. . .".
>>
>> Well, they are different, but unless you know WS-Addressing, or
>> unless you resolve http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous
>> and find out the relationship between this URI and the WS-
>> Addressing spec.
>> If you resolve http://webservice.bea.com/... you will probably have
>> information about the endpoint, or you may know it in advance from
>> another document. So both URIs are opaque, unless you know their
>> semantic.

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE
     Reg. No. 4153469

     +44-7590-293439 (Mobile)

 Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
 Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE
 Registered No. 4153469

 This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of addressee(s) and
 may contain information which is privileged and confidential. Unauthorised
 use or copying for disclosure is strictly prohibited. The fact that this
 e-mail has been scanned by Trendmicro Interscan and McAfee Groupshield does
 not guarantee that it has not been intercepted or amended nor that it is
 virus-free.