Re: WS-Eventing, WS-MetadataExchange, WS-Event-Description remarks

Stephan,
  while I would like to point to the HTML versions of the references,
please see Bob's note:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Aug/0006.html
It looks like we're stuck with what we have now.  Thanks for the feedback
and let me know if I didn't address all of your other concerns correctly.
The latest (editor's) version of each spec is available here:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/ra/

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: public-ws-resource-access-comments-request@w3.org
08/04/2010 10:43 PM

Stephan Poehlsen <poehlsen@itm.uni-luebeck.de>
cc
public-ws-resource-access-comments@w3.org
Subject
Re: WS-Eventing, WS-MetadataExchange, WS-Event-Description remarks

Stephan - thanks for the thorough review.  See comments below
and look at the latest editor's copies to see the edits.
-Doug

Stephan wrote on 08/04/2010 11:29:02 AM:

> Hello,
>
> while reading the current version of different ws-ra specs (30 March
> 2010) I have got a few remarks:
>

> WS-Eventing
>
> - Reference: I think it is better to link to the HTML version of other
> specifications (such as WS-MakeConnection) than Word or PDF documents.
> Especially when reading the ws-eventing spec in an Internet browser.

Will do this for all specs - not finished yet though.

> - Example 2-1: use urn:uuid:... instead of uuid:... for MessageID in
> line 11 and all following messageIDs and corresponding RelatesTo. A far
> as I know this is the typical version of MessageIDs. See
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4122 and
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-dd/issues/WSDDIssues.xml#i050

Fixed for all specs.

> - Typo in 4.2: "message" occurs twice in "The Renew request message
> message MUST be of the following form:"

Fixed

> - Table 5-2 (Subscription Manager Action Table): In the "Unsubscribe
> Request [msg]" it is not sufficient to "Send UnsubscribeResponse" only.
> The subscription should be invalidated before.

Fixed.

> Section A.1 last sentence: GED is not introduced in this document. It is

> only known from the ws-event-description spec (section 4.1).

Fixed

> WS-MetadataExchange:
>
> - Section 8.2 first box: indentation of "<wsa:Metadata>" wrong

can't seem to find this one - can you elaborate a bit?  or perhaps its
already been fixed?

> - Example 8-6 line 04: typo in "RerenceParameters" and in line 08:
"wmlns"

Can't find this one either - appears to be fixed already.

> - Example 9-1 line 14-15: Would it be better to use from the
> ws-event-descriptions spec example 4-1 line 12-14 with the following
> attributes: name="WindReportEvent" element="ow:WindReport"
> actionURI="http://www.example.org/oceanwatch/2003/WindReport"? There is
> no context between WindReport and StockQoute. In case of modifications
> the following paragraphs have to be updated (<sq:Quote>, line number)

Fixed

> - Section 9, second grey box (the one after example 9-1): misses a line
> 19 with the closing policy tag. Maybe name it example 9-2. For me it is
> not clear, why the first box is named example 9-1 and the following do
> not have "names" to reference.

Fixed

> - Section 9, last grey box (third): in the closing notifyTo the "to" is
> missing

Fixed

> - Example 12-2 line 05: a trailing slash in the start tag

Already fixed.

> WS-Event-Description:
>
> - example 4-3 line 03: typo "EventDescritions"

Fixed