How to handle Policy Exception handling

From: manoj kumar <kmanuj@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:25:58 -0700 (PDT)
To: public-ws-policy@w3.org

Hello,

I am trying to build a policy execution container and
trying to nail down all the use cases and i came
across the following use case

The user wants to define a Authentication Policy which
does
1) authenticate the user
2) on Authentication failure Log a specific message

In other words how do i define "policy assertion
exception handling".
I can solve the problem that i have  in my hand by
definition a custom exception handling assertion and
my engine understanding it but would like to know

a) what is the direction from ws-policy to address
this  use case?
b) does exception handling belong to a policy or it
belongs to a message/process flow (bpel has exception
handling)
but from a user perspective the above is a Policy so
what is the thought process for this use case going
forward .

thanks & regards
Manoj

Be a better friend, newshound, and