RE: New Issue: 5189 Guidelines - BP 19 Lacks Motivation

>28 refer's specifically to WSDL subjects.  If you are
>implying that 28 has broader implications then we may
>consider deleting it from 5.7.2 and putting it in 5.7.1.
Good suggestion, this is an improvement. We request you to prepare a concrete proposal.

> I believe that 19 and 28 address different concerns.

Proposed wording is a compound best practice made up of pieces from other best practices already in the Guidelines document:

>Assertion Authors may recommend assertions be
>annotated with optional attributes

This is covered by "Best Practice 11: Assertion Authors should allow use of wsp:Optional" [1].

>associated with the appropriate [policy]subject

This is covered by "Best Practice 25: ... Policy assertion authors should unambiguously identify the appropriate policy subjects for their assertions." [2]

>may recommend the use of the smallest possible granularity

This is covered by "Best Practice 28 : Choose the Most Granular WSDL Policy Subject. Assertion Authors should choose the most granular WSDL policy subject to which the behavior represented by a policy assertion applies." [3]

Also, BP 25 and 28 apply to all assertions (that includes assertions that are marked optional).

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-ws-policy-guidelines-20070928/#bp-assertion-xml-allow-optional
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-ws-policy-guidelines-20070928/#bp-identify-policy-subjects
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-ws-policy-guidelines-20070928/#bp-WSDL-policy-subject-Granularity

Regards,