New Issue: 5186 Update References - Guidelines

From: Asir Vedamuthu <asirveda@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:32:21 -0700
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Title: Update References - Guidelines

Related action - ACTION-360 [1] - TICKLER - Asir to review the references in the Primer and Guidelines docs and create a workgroup issue on October 10th.

We need to update the following references in the Guidelines [2]:

a) SOAP 1.2 Part 1 - out of date
b) WS Reliable Messaging - out of date
c) WS RM Policy Assertion - does not mention its RDDL
d) WS-Trust - out of date
e) UDDI 3.0 - out of date

Note: The FPWD and Last Call Draft of the MTOM Policy Assertion is at http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-soap12-mtom-policy-20070918/. The assertion draft has not reached a stable point and the namespace name is expected to change [3]. Suggest that we wait until the draft reaches CR status before we update the Primer.

Justification: Need to clean up and update the References in the Guidelines.

Target: Guidelines.

Proposal: Attached HTML doc outlines a proposal to resolve the issue.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicyeds/actions/360
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-ws-policy-guidelines-20070928/#references
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-soap12-mtom-policy-20070918/#namespaces

Regards,