W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > March 2007

RE: [New Issue] Proposals for bugs 4253 and 4255 not yet implemented

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 15:33:55 -0500
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>, William Henry <william.henry@iona.com>
Message-ID: <OF601E306A.7D9A763E-ON85257298.00704737-85257298.0070F811@us.ibm.com>
+1

I would note that we are also careful to change the status of each 
resolved issue at the time that it
is resolved, adding a link to the minutes in which the resolution was 
adopted.

The WG may have agreed in principle to the direction of a resolution, but 
we usually only close
an issue with a concrete proposal that has consensus agreement amongst the 
WG members.

I agree with Paul. We should put this on the agenda for the F2F in the set 
of primer issues ready to be
resolved.

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295

Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com> wrote on 03/08/2007 07:10:49 AM:

> Chris and I are normally very careful to ensure their is an anchored
> Resolution for each Issue that is resolved in a meeting.  And the 
> Editors are normally very careful to track all changes that must be 
> made as a result of WG decisions.
> 
> If we can find no Resolution(s) for these issues then I believe we 
> should put the issues on the F2F agenda and ask the WG to approve 
> your proposals.
> 
> /paulc
> 
> ________________________________________
> From: William Henry [william.henry@iona.com]
> Sent: March 7, 2007 7:32 PM
> To: Paul Cotton; Christopher B Ferris
> Cc: public-ws-policy@w3.org
> Subject: Re: [New Issue] Proposals for bugs 4253 and 4255 not yet 
implemented
> 
> Hi Paul,
> 
> I cannot.  I can point to a couple of emails from Dan.
> 
> However in the meeting of 2/24 we just covered this from a review of 
action
> items and it was marked done. It was my assumption, perhaps wrongly, 
that
> the editors were to implement these with whatever editor changes were
> needed.
> 
> Minutes from meeting:
> http://www.w3.org/2007/02/14-ws-policy-minutes.html#item06
> 
> From my perspective the initial issues were approved at F2F and I was to
> draft two proposals based on the approval of the two ideas (4253 and 
4255).
> Dan was to review and make sure that they were okay.
> 
> Maryann raised an question on the proposal for 4253 thread which you
> responded to. Apparently a "separate issue".
> 
> Proposal to fix 4253 start thread :
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0078.html
> 
> Proposal to fix 4255 start thread:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0076.html
> 
> William
> 
> On 3/7/07 5:34 PM, "Paul Cotton" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> > Can you point us to the meeting and minutes that adopted the proposals 
to
> > these issues?
> >
> > /paulc
> >
> > Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
> > 17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
> > Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
> > mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> From: William Henry [mailto:william.henry@iona.com]
> >> Sent: March 7, 2007 5:35 PM
> >> To: Paul Cotton; Christopher B Ferris
> >> Cc: public-ws-policy@w3.org
> >> Subject: [New Issue] Proposals for bugs 4253 and 4255 not yet 
implemented
> >>
> >> Hi Paul & Chris (public-ws-policy cc-ed)
> >>
> >> I've noticed that the proposals for bugs 4253 and 4255 have not being
> >> implemented in the Primer.
> >>
> >> My Action was #201 to create the proposals:
> >> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/201
> >>
> >> Bug 4253:
> >> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4253
> >> Proposal:
> >> 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0078.html
> >>
> >> Bug 4255:
> >> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4255
> >> Proposal:
> >> 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0076.html
> >>
> >> Both proposals are in Bugzilla bug entries.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> William
> >>
> >> --
> >> William G Henry
> >> http://www.ipbabble.com
> >> Phone: +1 719 302 2032
> >> --
> >> William G Henry
> >> Alliances Technology Director, Enterprise Architect
> >> Phone: +1 719 302 2302   Mobile: +1 719 640 6868  WWW: 
http://www.iona.com
> >> Blog: http://www.ipbabble.com
> >>
> >
> 
> --
> William G Henry
> Alliances Technology Director, Enterprise Architect
> Phone: +1 719 302 2302   Mobile: +1 719 640 6868  WWW: 
http://www.iona.com
> Blog: http://www.ipbabble.com
Received on Thursday, 8 March 2007 20:34:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:48 GMT