W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > January 2007

RE: Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 23 - 2007-01-10

From: Sverdlov, Yakov <Yakov.Sverdlov@ca.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 08:45:18 -0500
Message-ID: <ACE36C31EA815A4CBA7EBECA186C0D4101065F74@USILMS13.ca.com>
To: "Paul Cotton" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, <public-ws-policy@w3.org>

Regrets for the telcon - meeting conflict.

Regards,

Yakov Sverdlov
CA


-----Original Message-----
From: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ws-policy-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Paul Cotton
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 5:04 PM
To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
Subject: Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 23 - 2007-01-10


Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 23 - 2007-01-10

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Jeffrey Crump
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Jeff Mischkinsky
William Henry
Prasad Yendluri
Abbie Barbir
Anthony Nadalin
Ashok Malhotra
Daniel Roth
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
Sanka Samaranayake
Frederick Hirsch
Fabian Ritzmann
David Orchard
Toufic Boubez
Yakov Sverdlov
Felix Sasaki
Ümit Yalçinalp
Asir Vedamuthu
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg
Chris Ferris
Mark Little
Monica Martin
Glen Daniels

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of previous minutes, Chair
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/03-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Next distributed meeting is F2F Wed Jan 16-18 - Chair to alternate between Chris and Paul.

b) Jan 16-18 F2F Agenda
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0028.html

c) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

4. Editorial team report

a) ACTION-172 Produce a proposal for resolving issue 4041 by January 10 Editors
Status: editors promised to have proposal by Jan 10.

b) Documents for review for F2F meeting
Status: editors to have drafts for review prior to Jan 10.

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items - Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-171 Raise this technical issue (form of the portType/operation/message designator) with jonathan Paul Cotton
Status: Open.

ACTION-172 Produce a proposal for resolving issue 4041 by January 10 Editors
Status: Pending, due prior to Jan 10 meeting.

ACTION-173 Add the change proposal to Issue 4045 Christopher Ferris
Status: pending, due 1/5/07

ACTION-174 See what XPointer are in line with WSDL and syntax David Orchard
Status: Pending

ACTION-177 OPEN Update the public web pages to point to the refreshed documents. Felix Sasaki 2007-01-10

ACTION-178 OPEN And Dan to work to come to consensus wording describing effective policy calculation with respect to issue 4128. Ashok Malhotra 2007-01-10

ACTION-179 OPEN And Ashok to come up with complete wording/proposal for EPR-related LC issue regarding policy attachment. Glen Daniels 2007-01-10

ACTION-180 OPEN And Dan to discuss resolution of 4141 and come back with an amended proposal for 2007-01-10. Umit Yalcinalp 2007-01-10

ACTION-181 OPEN And Maryann to come up with a new version of the wording for the last sentence of sec 4.3.2, as an amended proposal for 4142 Umit Yalcinalp 2007-01-10

ACTION-182 OPEN File a new issue against primer/guidelines suggesting the need for examples of intersection with/without empty wsp:Policy (see issue 4142) Umit Yalcinalp 2007-01-10

ACTION-183 OPEN Research ownership of "Contoso" name/trademark. Asir Vedamuthu 2007-01-10

ACTION-184 OPEN Follow-up on arch of www doc\\'s use of a company name Christopher Ferris 2007-01-10

6. Last Call Reviews from other WGs

a) C14N 1.1 Last Call review announcement, XML Core WG
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2006OctDec/0109.html

Paul's previous review from Oct 2006:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0142
Status: Paul is trying to determine if the Last Call documents have changed from the WDs he reviewed in Oct.

7. WSDL11 Element Identifiers

a) Dec Editor's Draft:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/wsdl11elementidentifiers.html
See note from David:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0048.html

b) ACTION-156 OPEN Respond to 1.1 element names topic Ashok Malhotra
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0128.html

ACTION-171 Raise this technical issue (form of the portType/operation/message designator) with jonathan Paul Cotton

Ashok raised the matter with the WSDL WG.  See thread starting at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0058.html
See WSDL WG's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0092.html
Also see the thread regarding the "In/Out" designators:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0100.html

c) ISSUE 4045: Scoping WSDL1.1 identifiers to WS-Pol Att defined attachment points
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4045
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0031.html

ACTION-173 Add the change proposal to Issue 4045 Christopher Ferris

d) 'Canonical form for WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers', Paul
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0028.html

ACTION-174 See what XPointer are in line with WSDL and syntax David Orchard

e) Support for operations with the same name, Fabian
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0065.html

ACTION-175 Open an issue related to operations with the same name. Fabian Ritzmann

8. Last Call Framework and Attachment Issues

a) NEW ISSUE 4128: Add References to WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2.0 Component Syntax, Ashok
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0003.html
Status: agreed to editorial AI to add reference to wsdl11 element identifiers, Ashok to have proposal
for the impact on effective policy calulation

c) NEW ISSUE 4129: Attaching Policies to EPRs, Ashok
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0004.html
Status: Glen and Ashok have action-179

ACTION-179 OPEN And Ashok to come up with complete wording/proposal for EPR-related LC issue regarding policy attachment. Glen Daniels 2007-01-10

d) NEW ISSUE 4130: Ignorable assertion must be ignored, Ashok
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0005.html
Status: Ashok needs time to think about the use cases presented in discussion during telcon... general agreement that no change is needed/warranted
with exception of Ashok

e) NEW ISSUE 4138: Normalization Algorithm is broken, Umit
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0011.html
Status: members need time to consider this

f) NEW ISSUE 4141: Policy parameter definition is not accurate, Umit
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0013.html
Status: Umit and Dan have action-180

ACTION-180 OPEN And Dan to discuss resolution of 4141 and come back with an amended proposal for 2007-01-10. Umit Yalcinalp 2007-01-10

g) NEW ISSUE 4142: Contradictory recommendation for nesting and intersection, Umit
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0014.html
Status: Umit and Maryann have action-181

ACTION-181 OPEN And Maryann to come up with a new version of the wording for the last sentence of sec 4.3.2, as an amended proposal for 4142 Umit Yalcinalp 2007-01-10

9. Primer Doc Issues

a) ACTION-152 Review 4.4.8 with respect to the addition of the ignorable attribute ("treasure island") due December 1, David Orchard
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0070.html
Status: David outlined his proposal at the Dec 20 meeting.  The WG has until Jan 10 to decide if it should be adopted.

b) (NEW) ISSUE 4041: Update primer to mention ignorable as needed, Frederick
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4041
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0026.html

ACTION-172 Produce a proposal for resolving issue 4041 by January 10 Editors

c) [NEW ISSUE] 4103 Questionable use of Contoso Ltd in Primer, Chris Ferris
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4103
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0077.html
See thread ending at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0102.html
Status: Asir and Chris have actions 183, 184 respectively

ACTION-183 OPEN Research ownership of "Contoso" name/trademark. Asir Vedamuthu 2007-01-10

ACTION-184 OPEN Follow-up on arch of www doc\\'s use of a company name Christopher Ferris 2007-01-10

10. Guidelines issues

a) 3953 - Remove language that use of security policy assertions forces nested assertions for other domains, Frederick
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3953
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0039.html
Status: Frederick's update proposal against more recent Guidelines doc:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0008.html
Revised proposal, closing Action-176:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0090.html

ACTION-163 Work with Frederick to draft an example of the RM and security composition requiring nesting Umit Yalcinalp 2006-12-13
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0066.html

ACTION-176 Revise proposal to accommodate Chris Ferris\\\\' ideas. Umit to assist. Issue 3953. Coordinate with MaryAnn and Chris Ferris. Frederick Hirsch
Status: Done
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0090.html

b) 3979 Clarify the guidance in section 5.9.1 on referencing policy expressions, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3979
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0104.html

ACTION-164 Try to write up alternative text that takes into consideration today\\'s discussion on issue 3979
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0071.html

c) ISSUE 4072: Statements not relevant to assertion design, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4072
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0046.html
Fabian's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0063.html

d) ISSUE 4073: Free standing statements, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4073
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0049.html

e) ISSUE 4074: Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
See exchange between Dan and Umit at:
       http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0085.html

f) ISSUE 4040: [Guidelines] Update guidelines to include discussion of ignorable, Frederick
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4040
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0025.html

g) 3978 Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0131.html

h) 3989 Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
Asir:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html

i) 3988 Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html

j) ISSUE 4035: [ Guidelines] Section 2 should account for interop impact of non-wire or one-party assertions and ignorable property
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html

k) ISSUE (4074): [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html

l) 3981 What is the relevance of Section 4 'Authoring Styles' to policy
assertion design?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3981
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0107.html
n) 3986 Parameters vs. Nested Policy decision at the Domain Level?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3986
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0110.html

m) 3987 Section 5.9 - Lifecycle of Assertions?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3987
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0111.html

o) 3990 Content in Section 5.7 is unclear, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3990
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0114.html

11. Any other business

12. Adjourn

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
Received on Wednesday, 10 January 2007 14:33:05 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:45 GMT