RE: NEW ISSUE 4130: Ignorable assertions must be ignored

Frederick:
The purpose of my note was to try and spell out the different usecases people had in mind for 'ignorable' and see if the current design covers all the usecases and ask for reactions.

So far, I have heard some people argue that we need another attribute, perhaps called 'informational' that indicates that the assertion is always ignored.

Sergey also seems to have a understanding of 'lax' semantics that is, at least, different from mine.

All the best, Ashok