W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > January 2007

RE: Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 23 - 2007-01-10

From: Yalcinalp, Umit <umit.yalcinalp@sap.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:09:05 -0800
Message-ID: <2BA6015847F82645A9BB31C7F9D6416503139942@uspale20.pal.sap.corp>
To: "Paul Cotton" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, <public-ws-policy@w3.org>

Paul, 

Action 180 has been completed [1]

--umit
 
[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0025.html

> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org 
> [mailto:public-ws-policy-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Paul Cotton
> Sent: Saturday, Jan 06, 2007 2:04 PM
> To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
> Subject: Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 23 - 2007-01-10
> 
> 
> Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 23 - 2007-01-10
> 
> The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is 
> documented on the WG's administrative home page:
> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
> 
> Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as 
> documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please 
> register with Zakim:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
> 
> 1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair
> 
> a) Scribe List:
> 
> Dimitar Angelov
> Sanjiva Weerawarana
> Ruchith Fernando
> Jeffrey Crump
> Tom Jordahl
> Vladislav Bezrukov
> ----------------------
> Jeff Mischkinsky
> William Henry
> Prasad Yendluri
> Abbie Barbir
> Anthony Nadalin
> Ashok Malhotra
> Daniel Roth
> Sergey Beryozkin
> Charlton Barreto
> Sanka Samaranayake
> Frederick Hirsch
> Fabian Ritzmann
> David Orchard
> Toufic Boubez
> Yakov Sverdlov
> Felix Sasaki
> Ümit Yalçinalp
> Asir Vedamuthu
> Maryann Hondo
> Dale Moberg
> Chris Ferris
> Mark Little
> Monica Martin
> Glen Daniels
> 
> b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
> Member only:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
> 
> 2. Review and approval of previous minutes, Chair
> http://www.w3.org/2007/01/03-ws-policy-minutes.html
> 
> 3. Future WG meetings, Chair
> 
> a) Next distributed meeting is F2F Wed Jan 16-18 - Chair to 
> alternate between Chris and Paul.
> 
> b) Jan 16-18 F2F Agenda
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0028.html
> 
> c) Future meetings
> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
> 
> 4. Editorial team report
> 
> a) ACTION-172 Produce a proposal for resolving issue 4041 by 
> January 10 Editors
> Status: editors promised to have proposal by Jan 10.
> 
> b) Documents for review for F2F meeting
> Status: editors to have drafts for review prior to Jan 10.
> 
> 5. Review action items, Chair
> Open action items - Member only:
> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open
> 
> ACTION-171 Raise this technical issue (form of the 
> portType/operation/message designator) with jonathan Paul Cotton
> Status: Open.
> 
> ACTION-172 Produce a proposal for resolving issue 4041 by 
> January 10 Editors
> Status: Pending, due prior to Jan 10 meeting.
> 
> ACTION-173 Add the change proposal to Issue 4045 Christopher Ferris
> Status: pending, due 1/5/07
> 
> ACTION-174 See what XPointer are in line with WSDL and syntax 
> David Orchard
> Status: Pending
> 
> ACTION-177 OPEN Update the public web pages to point to the 
> refreshed documents. Felix Sasaki 2007-01-10
> 
> ACTION-178 OPEN And Dan to work to come to consensus wording 
> describing effective policy calculation with respect to issue 
> 4128. Ashok Malhotra 2007-01-10
> 
> ACTION-179 OPEN And Ashok to come up with complete 
> wording/proposal for EPR-related LC issue regarding policy 
> attachment. Glen Daniels 2007-01-10
> 
> ACTION-180 OPEN And Dan to discuss resolution of 4141 and 
> come back with an amended proposal for 2007-01-10. Umit 
> Yalcinalp 2007-01-10
> 
> ACTION-181 OPEN And Maryann to come up with a new version of 
> the wording for the last sentence of sec 4.3.2, as an amended 
> proposal for 4142 Umit Yalcinalp 2007-01-10
> 
> ACTION-182 OPEN File a new issue against primer/guidelines 
> suggesting the need for examples of intersection with/without 
> empty wsp:Policy (see issue 4142) Umit Yalcinalp 2007-01-10
> 
> ACTION-183 OPEN Research ownership of "Contoso" 
> name/trademark. Asir Vedamuthu 2007-01-10
> 
> ACTION-184 OPEN Follow-up on arch of www doc\\'s use of a 
> company name Christopher Ferris 2007-01-10
> 
> 6. Last Call Reviews from other WGs
> 
> a) C14N 1.1 Last Call review announcement, XML Core WG
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2006OctDec/0109.html
> 
> Paul's previous review from Oct 2006:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0142
> Status: Paul is trying to determine if the Last Call 
> documents have changed from the WDs he reviewed in Oct.
> 
> 7. WSDL11 Element Identifiers
> 
> a) Dec Editor's Draft:
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/wsdl11eleme
> ntidentifiers.html
> See note from David:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0048.html
> 
> b) ACTION-156 OPEN Respond to 1.1 element names topic Ashok Malhotra
> DONE.  See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0128.html
> 
> ACTION-171 Raise this technical issue (form of the 
> portType/operation/message designator) with jonathan Paul Cotton
> 
> Ashok raised the matter with the WSDL WG.  See thread starting at:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0058.html
> See WSDL WG's response:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0092.html
> Also see the thread regarding the "In/Out" designators:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0100.html
> 
> c) ISSUE 4045: Scoping WSDL1.1 identifiers to WS-Pol Att 
> defined attachment points
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4045
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0031.html
> 
> ACTION-173 Add the change proposal to Issue 4045 Christopher Ferris
> 
> d) 'Canonical form for WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers', Paul
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0028.html
> 
> ACTION-174 See what XPointer are in line with WSDL and syntax 
> David Orchard
> 
> e) Support for operations with the same name, Fabian
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0065.html
> 
> ACTION-175 Open an issue related to operations with the same 
> name. Fabian Ritzmann
> 
> 8. Last Call Framework and Attachment Issues
> 
> a) NEW ISSUE 4128: Add References to WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2.0 
> Component Syntax, Ashok
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0003.html
> Status: agreed to editorial AI to add reference to wsdl11 
> element identifiers, Ashok to have proposal
> for the impact on effective policy calulation
> 
> c) NEW ISSUE 4129: Attaching Policies to EPRs, Ashok
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0004.html
> Status: Glen and Ashok have action-179
> 
> ACTION-179 OPEN And Ashok to come up with complete 
> wording/proposal for EPR-related LC issue regarding policy 
> attachment. Glen Daniels 2007-01-10
> 
> d) NEW ISSUE 4130: Ignorable assertion must be ignored, Ashok
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0005.html
> Status: Ashok needs time to think about the use cases 
> presented in discussion during telcon... general agreement 
> that no change is needed/warranted
> with exception of Ashok
> 
> e) NEW ISSUE 4138: Normalization Algorithm is broken, Umit
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0011.html
> Status: members need time to consider this
> 
> f) NEW ISSUE 4141: Policy parameter definition is not accurate, Umit
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0013.html
> Status: Umit and Dan have action-180
> 
> ACTION-180 OPEN And Dan to discuss resolution of 4141 and 
> come back with an amended proposal for 2007-01-10. Umit 
> Yalcinalp 2007-01-10
> 
> g) NEW ISSUE 4142: Contradictory recommendation for nesting 
> and intersection, Umit
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0014.html
> Status: Umit and Maryann have action-181
> 
> ACTION-181 OPEN And Maryann to come up with a new version of 
> the wording for the last sentence of sec 4.3.2, as an amended 
> proposal for 4142 Umit Yalcinalp 2007-01-10
> 
> 9. Primer Doc Issues
> 
> a) ACTION-152 Review 4.4.8 with respect to the addition of 
> the ignorable attribute ("treasure island") due December 1, 
> David Orchard
> DONE. See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0070.html
> Status: David outlined his proposal at the Dec 20 meeting.  
> The WG has until Jan 10 to decide if it should be adopted.
> 
> b) (NEW) ISSUE 4041: Update primer to mention ignorable as 
> needed, Frederick
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4041
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0026.html
> 
> ACTION-172 Produce a proposal for resolving issue 4041 by 
> January 10 Editors
> 
> c) [NEW ISSUE] 4103 Questionable use of Contoso Ltd in 
> Primer, Chris Ferris
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4103
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0077.html
> See thread ending at:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0102.html
> Status: Asir and Chris have actions 183, 184 respectively
> 
> ACTION-183 OPEN Research ownership of "Contoso" 
> name/trademark. Asir Vedamuthu 2007-01-10
> 
> ACTION-184 OPEN Follow-up on arch of www doc\\'s use of a 
> company name Christopher Ferris 2007-01-10
> 
> 10. Guidelines issues
> 
> a) 3953 - Remove language that use of security policy 
> assertions forces nested assertions for other domains, Frederick
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3953
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0039.html
> Status: Frederick's update proposal against more recent 
> Guidelines doc:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0008.html
> Revised proposal, closing Action-176:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0090.html
> 
> ACTION-163 Work with Frederick to draft an example of the RM 
> and security composition requiring nesting Umit Yalcinalp 2006-12-13
> DONE. See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0066.html
> 
> ACTION-176 Revise proposal to accommodate Chris Ferris\\\\' 
> ideas. Umit to assist. Issue 3953. Coordinate with MaryAnn 
> and Chris Ferris. Frederick Hirsch
> Status: Done
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0090.html
> 
> b) 3979 Clarify the guidance in section 5.9.1 on referencing 
> policy expressions, Dan Roth
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3979
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0104.html
> 
> ACTION-164 Try to write up alternative text that takes into 
> consideration today\\'s discussion on issue 3979
> DONE. See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0071.html
> 
> c) ISSUE 4072: Statements not relevant to assertion design, Dan
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4072
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0046.html
> Fabian's response:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0063.html
> 
> d) ISSUE 4073: Free standing statements, Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4073
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0049.html
> 
> e) ISSUE 4074: Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
> See exchange between Dan and Umit at:
>        
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0085.html
> 
> f) ISSUE 4040: [Guidelines] Update guidelines to include 
> discussion of ignorable, Frederick
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4040
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0025.html
> 
> g) 3978 Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy 
> attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
> Maryann's response:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0131.html
> 
> h) 3989 Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
> Maryann's response:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
> Asir:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
> Umit:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html
> 
> i) 3988 Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
> Email discussion thread:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
> 
> j) ISSUE 4035: [ Guidelines] Section 2 should account for 
> interop impact of non-wire or one-party assertions and 
> ignorable property
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html
> 
> k) ISSUE (4074): [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance 
> or text issues, Dan
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
> 
> l) 3981 What is the relevance of Section 4 'Authoring Styles' 
> to policy
> assertion design?, Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3981
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0107.html
> n) 3986 Parameters vs. Nested Policy decision at the Domain 
> Level?, Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3986
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0110.html
> 
> m) 3987 Section 5.9 - Lifecycle of Assertions?, Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3987
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0111.html
> 
> o) 3990 Content in Section 5.7 is unclear, Dan Roth
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3990
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0114.html
> 
> 11. Any other business
> 
> 12. Adjourn
> 
> /paulc
> 
> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
> 17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
> Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
> mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
Received on Monday, 8 January 2007 23:08:02 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:45 GMT