RE: NEW ISSUE 4130: Ignorable assertions must be ignored

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 14:54:32 -0500
To: "Ashok Malhotra" <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Cc: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>, public-ws-policy-request@w3.org, "Sergey Beryozkin" <sergey.beryozkin@iona.com>

<hat mode="off">
The "server" does not have a "mode". It publishes a policy that may, or
may not, contain assertions with Ignorable.
If it doesn't want assertions to be ignored, then it shouldn't be using

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295

"Ashok Malhotra" <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Sent by: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org
01/02/2007 12:03 PM

"Sergey Beryozkin" <sergey.beryozkin@iona.com>, "public-ws-policy@w3.org"

RE: NEW ISSUE 4130: Ignorable assertions must be ignored

Hi Sergey:
The problems with having two modes, strict and lax, is that the client and
server could use different modes and, thus, come up with different policy
alternatives.  And it complicates life.  So why don?t we go with the
original proposal to have a single intersection mode that ignores
All the best, Ashok