Re: Ignorable assertions and interoperability

> A provider always runs the risk that some consumer may not wish to
> interact due to how the provider operates.
Yes. Agreed.

> provider must understand the customer base properly, and offer  appropriate service.
Yes. Agreed.

That said, I think wsp:ignorable affects the expectations of the provider. At least that's how I see it and I can count for at least
one user :-) I hope we can agree on this too. That's really it. And the primer just needs to present the story such that no
unreasonable expectations are made.Why would provider use wsp:ignorable ? So that the assertion can be ignored during the
intersection. Otherwise just not use wsp:ignorable, so that the strict mode is effectively is on,  right ?
Cheers, Sergey