Re: WS-Policy schema naming pattern

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sergey.beryozkin@iona.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:42:15 -0000
To: "Paul Cotton" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, <public-ws-policy@w3.org>

Thanks for the explanation, it does help...So the namespace will likely be changed by appending or replacing the version number at
the end of the namespace...

Cheers, Sergey

Case 1:

We do a minor revision (aka WS-Policy 1.6).  There might be no need to change the namespace if it was backwards compatible with the
WS-Policy 1.5 semantics.

Case 2:

We do a major revision (aka WS-Policy 2.0) and it is NOT backwards compatible with the WS-Policy 1.5 semantics.  In this case I
would imagine the new namespace might be http://www.w3.org/ns/ws-policy20

There are of course other scenarios but I think these are enough to answer your question.  Does this help?

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com