RE: Ordering between assertions

From: Rogers, Tony <Tony.Rogers@ca.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:12:26 +1000
To: "Christopher B Ferris" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>, <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Cc: "Anish Karmarkar" <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>, <public-ws-policy@w3.org>, <public-ws-policy-request@w3.org>
I would suggest that Ashok open an issue for this.

I do agree that the effects / behaviours corresponding to some
assertions will be applied in some order (and indeed, I would require
that order to be specifiable by the originator of the message - I have
had requests for "sign then encrypt" as well as "encrypt then sign" - so
the order must not be specified by fiat outside the message).

While I can appreciate the desire to avoid specifying the order of
applying the behaviours, I think the line has been crossed when
suggesting the possibility of an ordering assertion. By suggesting it, I
believe the WG is obligated to provide an example of a possible form :-)

Tony Rogers
tony.rogers@ca.com <blocked::mailto:tony.rogers@ca.com>