Re: bug 3978 --- updated proposal from maryann and dave o.

It seems to make sense to chose option a) so that this works for
clients that are not aware of the EndOfLife assertion. The text in
the proposal following the choice reads as if a) were chosen which is
consistent with that choice.

Thus propose

> policy alternative offered should    (!!The WG much choose which to
> use).
> a) not contain the EndOfLife policy assertion even with an
> ignorable attribute. This is because an alternative with the
> EndOfLife assertion with an ignorable attribute will only intersect
> with a client operating in strict intersection mode, IF the client
> also has an EndOfLife policy assertion.
> b) contain the policy assertion type. If Company-X adds
> theEndOfLife policy assertion even type to a subsequent
> alternative, then requesters using strict mode will not understand
> the assertion type and the alternative

be replaced with

"policy alternative offered should not contain the EndOfLife policy
assertion even with an ignorable attribute. This is because an
alternative with the EndOfLife assertion with an ignorable attribute
will only intersect with a client operating in strict intersection
mode, IF the client also has an EndOfLife policy assertion."

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia