Re: Action 276 (was RE: NEW ISSUE: Round4 negative tests

Seems reasonable to me.

thanks
-Doug
STSM  |  Web Services Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM T/L 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Asir Vedamuthu <asirveda@microsoft.com>
04/18/2007 11:06 AM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, "public-ws-policy@w3.org"
<public-ws-policy@w3.org>
cc

Subject
Action 276 (was RE: NEW ISSUE: Round4 negative tests

>ACTION-276 Asir to respond to Doug and propose scenarios
>paragraph to clarify negative test scenarios.

Thank you for a concrete proposal.

We are wondering if the test description could be simpler by dropping
phrases or words such as error, action, corrective action, generation of
fault, attempting to fix, invalid, etc. Here is a suggested editorial
revision (no changes to content):

?7. Negative Testcases

The Round 4 Negative Test directory contains a set of non-conformant
policy expressions. These are WS-Policy unit test cases. Implementations
are expected to attempt to normalize these expressions and detect
non-conformance. A detected non-conformance is considered to be a
successful outcome.?

Regards,

Asir S Vedamuthu
Microsoft Corporation