W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > April 2007

draft minutes: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 36 - 2007-04-11

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:04:23 -0400
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>, public-ws-policy-request@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF4E2B0F47.A6DC6AE6-ON852572BA.00631184-852572BA.0063338D@us.ibm.com>
Minutes from this week's call
        http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-ws-policy-minutes.html

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295

public-ws-policy-request@w3.org wrote on 04/11/2007 11:51:14 AM:

> 
> Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 36 - 2007-04-11
> 
> VER 2:
> 1. Added agenda item for issue 4456.
> 2. Added links for complete action items.
> 3. Added latest interop information and changed agenda order to put 
> interop items earlier.
> 
> The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented 
> on the WG's administrative home page:
> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
> 
> Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as 
> documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with 
Zakim:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
> 
> 1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair
> 
> a) Scribe List:
> 
> Frederick Hirsch (scribe Wed Apr 11)
> Mark Temple-Raston (scribe Wed Apr 18)
> Paul Knight (scribe Wed Apr 25)
> ----------------------
> Dimitar Angelov
> Sanjiva Weerawarana
> Ruchith Fernando
> Tom Jordahl
> Vladislav Bezrukov
> Symon Chang
> Doug Davis
> Jacques Durand
> Steve Jones
> Mohammad Makarechian
> Jonathan Marsh
> Arnaud Meyniel
> Sanjay Patil
> Skip Snow
> Jeff Mischkinsky
> Sanka Samaranayake
> Yakov Sverdlov
> Dale Moberg
> Chris Ferris
> Mark Little
> Glen Daniels
> William Henry
> Toufic Boubez
> Frederick Hirsch
> Prasad Yendluri
> Anthony Nadalin
> Daniel Roth
> Fabian Ritzmann
> Sergey Beryozkin
> Charlton Barreto
> David Orchard
> Ashok Malhotra
> Abbie Barbir
> Maryann Hondo
> Dale Moberg
> Monica Martin
> Felix Sasaki
> Asir Vedamuthu
> 
> b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
> Member only:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
> 
> 2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair
> 
> a) Review and approval of draft Apr 4 minutes
> http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-ws-policy-minutes.html
> 
> 3. Future WG meetings, Chair
> 
> a) Future meetings
> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
> 
> b) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
> http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
> Note: WG will meet Wed-Thu and CR interop testing will be done Wed-Fri.
> 
> c) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
> http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
> 
> 4. Editorial team report
> Current Editors drafts:
> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts
> 
> a) Editorial plan for Issue 3989
> 
> 5. Review action items, Chair
> Open action items:
> Member only:
> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open
> 
> ACTION-243 Asir to produce a list of change areas in the framework 
> and attachments primer and guidelines specs related to a change in 
> the reference to the oasis ws-sec policy spec to reference the 
> latest available published committee draft
> 
> ACTION-260 Maryann to provide revised proposal for 4074
> DONE. See"
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0020.html
> 
> ACTION-264 Asir to update the dashboard with negative tests
> DONE. See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0029.html
> 
> ACTION-265 Chris to update the dashboard summary with negative tests
> 
> ACTION-269 Felix to update namespace document to refect current 
> drafts of CR specs
> DONE.  See:
> http://www.w3.org/ns/ws-policy/
> 
> ACTION-270 Maryann to work with monica, asir, ashok and others to 
> prepare proposal for some text in the guidelines doc that addresses 
> the semantics of a constraint as it applies to nested policy
> DONE. See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0022.html
> 
> ACTION-271 Asir to pick up the text pointed out by Chris in Section 
> 3.2 and answer Ashok's question (by reading the letter of the law)
> DONE.  See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0017.html
> 
> ACTION-272 Charlton to work with Asir and prepare a revised proposal for 
4393
> DONE. See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0024.html
> 
> ACTION-273 Maryann to send a diff version of the proposed changes to
> the Guidelines document re issue 3978
> DONE.  See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0016.html
> 
> 6. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair
> 
> a) Interop scenarios, Release-1-20070322
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0114.html
> 
> b) CR dashboard summary
> http://dev.w3.
> org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashboard-
> summary.html?only_with_tag=Release-1-20070322
> 
> c) Additional Round1 and Round2 results
> http://dev.w3.
> 
org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashboard-summary.html
> 
> d) MIME type test results
> Microsoft results available:
> 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-interop/2007Apr/0000.html
> 
> e) Corrections to Round4 UDDI results, Asir
> Status: Asir and Prasad have revised the Round4 UDDI results.
> 
> f) Ottawa F2F interop work plan, Paul
> 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-interop/2007Apr/0006.html
> 
> g) Negative test results
> Microsoft results available:
> 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-interop/2007Apr/0010.html
> 
> 7. CR issues
> 
> a) Issue 4318: [All docs] Which WS-SecurityPolicy version should be 
> used as a reference
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4318
> Status: Currently on hold until later in CR.
> 
> b) Issue 4456 [Test Suite] Minor issues with Round 2 WSDL 11 test files, 
Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4456
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0030.html
> 
> 8. Liaison items
> 
> a) Feedback to WS-Addressing WG on Web Services Addressing 1.0 - 
> Metadata specification
> Email to WS-A WG:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0153.html
> 
> Status: WS-Addressing WG response:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0007.html
> See thread:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0012.html
> 
> Tactical:
> ACTION-271 Asir to pick up the text pointed out by Chris in Section 
> 3.2 and answer Ashok\\'s question (by reading the letter of the law)
> DONE. See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0017.html
> 
> Strategic:
> ACTION-270 Maryann to work with monica, asir, ashok and others to 
> prepare proposal for some text in the guidelines doc that addresses 
> the semantics of a constraint as it applies to nested policy
> DONE. See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0022.html
> 
> a) WS-Addressing Metadata issues: 4374, 4375, and 4376
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0044.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0045.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0046.html
> Status: This issues are on hold until the WS-A WG makes more progress.
> 
> 9. Primer issues
> 
> a) Issue 4393: Add text to strict and lax policy intersection 
> discussion describing how a policy consumer can determine issues due
> to intersection mode conflicts
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4393
> 
> ACTION-255 Charlton Barreto to open new primer issue to relate to 
> the discussion of 4292
> ACTION-256 Monica to create new primer issue related to 4262 Monica 
> Martin 2007-03-21
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0124.html
> Status: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0004.html
> Monica's ack that Charlton's proposal covered her AI:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0014.html
> 
> ACTION-272 Charlton to work with Asir and prepare a revised proposal for 
4393
> DONE. See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0024.html
> 
> b) Versioning and extensibility in primer needs cleanup, Maryann Hondo
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4414
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0111.html
> Status: April 4: Maryann and David are discussing this item offline.
> 
> 10. Guidelines issues, Part 1
> 
> a) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy 
> attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
> 
> ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
> DONE. See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html
> 
> ACTION-273 Maryann to send a diff version of the proposed changes to
> the Guidelines document re issue 3978
> DONE.  See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0016.html
> 
> b) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text 
issues, Dan
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
> 
> ACTION-260 Maryann Hondo to provide revised proposal for 4074
> DONE. See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0020.html
> 
> 11. Guideline issues, Part 2
> 
> a) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., 
Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
> Email discussion thread:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
> Status: Awaiting progress on new EDs with best practices reflected
> 
> 12. Any other business
> 
> 13. Adjournment
> 
> 
> 
> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
> 17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
> Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
> mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
Received on Wednesday, 11 April 2007 18:05:45 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:49 GMT