Re: Issue 3619 - input from WS-Addressing WG

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sergey.beryozkin@iona.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:39:08 +0100
To: "Sergey Beryozkin" <sergey.beryozkin@iona.com>, "Paul Cotton" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Cc: "Maryann Hondo" <mhondo@us.ibm.com>, <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>, "Bob Freund-Hitachi" <bob.freund@hitachisoftware.com>, "Asir Vedamuthu" <asirveda@microsoft.com>

My apologies, I haven't read Section 3.4 carefully enough and jumped to the example straight away.
The text clearly states (at least this is how I read it now) is that a policy which is applied to a subject inside wsp:AppliesTo
takes precedence over any policies contained inside of the wsp:AppliesTo element such as EPR.
Asir, can you please confirm this would be equivalent to what you said in another email in this thread [1] ?

That is, can I conclude that  a policy which is applied to an EPR (using EPR as an example) inside wsp:AppliesTo overrides/takes
precedence over an embedded wsp:Policy (directly or in an
embedded or referenced WSDL) and hence no policies reconciliation is required ?

Thanks,
Sergey Beryozkin
Iona Technologies

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0000.html