RE: RE: Revised proposal for Bug 3730

Why wsdlRef? Why not just uriRef or URIRef? The semantic of the
interpretation of the
fragment identifier (if present) is defined by the media type of the
retrieved representation.
Why would we have/need a different domain expression for another
class of documents for which the means of identifying the subject was a
URI reference?

As for the question of namespace and whether there are more than one
documents, these questions
are orthogonal.

Just because an element carries the same namespace does not necessarily
mean that it is in a separate
document. It means that it is in a separate namespace. Recall that the
xml:id is in the same namespace as
XML 1.0, yet it is clearly in a separate document. You can add elements
and attributes to a namespace
after the fact (although, clearly the xml:id example created some
problems, but that was because another
WG made the false assumption that a namespace would not be added to
after-the-fact).

Let's all remember that a namespace is a "space of names". Nothing more,
nothing less.

I frankly do not see a compelling reason to introduce a separate namespace
for this.

As to use of a separate document, I also fail to understand the
motivation. It isn't as if the
semantic of dereferencing a URI is all that novel. Are we really concerned
that this cannot
be implemented?

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris