Definition of Interaction Bug 3705

From: Ashok Malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 18:18:10 -0700
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>

We discussed this at the last telcon and I thought I would make a specific proposal.
My concern is that the explanation of policy matching in the primer does not discuss
the situation where the interaction between the two parties can encompass different types of
messages and that different policies may apply to different messages.

Here is the existing para in section 3.4 Compatible Policies followed by an additional sentence that I suggest.

<existing>
A provider, like Contoso, and a requester, like Tony's policy-aware client, may represent their capabilities and requirements for an interaction as policies and want to limit their message exchanges to mutually compatible policies. Web Services Policy defines an intersection mechanism for selecting compatible policy alternatives when there are two or more policies.
</existing>

<proposedAddition>
Note that the interaction between the provider and the requester may consist of multiple types of messages and compatible policies need to be determined for each type of message.
</proposedAddition>

It may also be good to add an example, but let's first see how the WG feels about this addition.

All the best, Ashok