RE: RE: Updated Editors Draft of WS-Policy 1.5 Primer - For Approval as Public WD

I am not sure I follow. What is the "deadline" we are trying to aim for?
Please see that in the email thread we have established that we do not
have a deadline for these two documents [1] yet. So, I am not following
the reason to hurry.

Further, the idea is not to "remove" but to "move" the content. Note
that it is Especially, the section on versioning got excellent new
additions that we have not captured and it is quite essential to cover
this in the authors document.

> - Even if the WG agrees, it might be difficult to remove the
> complete section
> without changing the rest of the document, which again takes time and
> effort for the editors and will delay the publication process.

I will be happy to help if that is the case. I do not think that that is
a real issue and it is not sth that can not be fixed in couple of days.

> How about leaving the section as it is, but adding the following:
> - an editors note at the beginning of the section (which will be
> highlighted in the HTML output with background color and
> marked as EDITORS
> NOTE) saying: "The Working Group considers to remove this
> section and to
> re-use it as input to a separate document on guidelines for assertion
> authors."
> - have a statement in the status section saying: "The Working Group is
> creating a separate document on guidelines for assertion
> authors, which
> will be published in the future. The current version of this document
> contains a section on Guidelines for Designing Assertions,
> see sec. 4.4.,
> which might be removed and re-used as input to that separate
> document."
> If you and the WG would agree with these additions, we could
> make them and
> still have the doc published soon.

If publishing the document soon is an inherent goal for some, what I am
suggesting is to wait for a week and clean up this section with the
provision of moving the contents to the authors guideline document.

Again, why can't we do this next week? What implicit deadline are we
shooting for?

> Felix

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0183.html