RE: RE: Updated Editors Draft of WS-Policy 1.5 Primer - For Approval as Public WD

I agree with Umit that it would be best, at a minimum, to remove the
Section "Guidelines" from the Primer and put it in the Guidelines document
to begin to  address the overlaps between the two documents.  When I
presented the Guidelines at the F2F, I cited areas where we could converge
the two documents but since we decided to have 2 documents, we need to
address the reverse, the places where the documents overlap in content.
Although the working group agreed to publish both documents, I don't
believe the working group agreed to any specific time frame.

Maryann

"Yalcinalp, Umit" <umit.yalcinalp@sap.com>
Sent by: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org
10/03/2006 09:03 PM

"Paul Cotton" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Christopher B
Ferris/Waltham/IBM@IBMUS
cc
"Prasad Yendluri" <prasad.yendluri@webmethods.com>,
<public-ws-policy@w3.org>, <public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org>
Subject
RE: RE: Updated Editors Draft of WS-Policy 1.5 Primer - For Approval as
Public  WD

I disagree that there is a document that is ready to go and I disagree
with the principles as they do not cover overlapping concerns which the wg
decided to address.

To be specific, the presence of Section 4.4 "Guidelines for Designing
Assertions" is counter productive and sets a precedence that is hard to
eradicate. If this section is moved to the guidelines document as it title
also indicates, I would not be objecting and leave the issues that are to
be filed to the issue resolution process.

HTH,

--umit