W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > November 2006

RE: Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 19 - 2006-12-06

From: Ashok Malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 07:04:08 -0800
To: "Paul Cotton" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
CC: "Christopher B Ferris" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Message-ID: <20061130070408728.00000000792@amalhotr-pc>

Regrets for this meeting.  I'll be at a conference.

All the best, Ashok

> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ws-policy-
> request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Paul Cotton
> Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 6:50 AM
> To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
> Cc: Christopher B Ferris
> Subject: Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 19 - 2006-12-06
> 
> 
> Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 19 - 2006-12-06
> 
> The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's
> administrative home page:
> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
> 
> Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on
> the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
> 
> 1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair
> 
> a) Scribe List:
> 
> Glen Daniels (Scribe for Dec 6 meeting)
> Jong Lee
> Dimitar Angelov
> Sanjiva Weerawarana
> Ruchith Fernando
> Jeffrey Crump
> Tom Jordahl
> Vladislav Bezrukov
> ----------------------
> Jeff Mischkinsky
> William Henry
> Prasad Yendluri
> Mark Little
> Abbie Barbir
> Anthony Nadalin
> Monica Martin
> Ashok Malhotra
> Daniel Roth
> Sergey Beryozkin
> Charlton Barreto
> Sanka Samaranayake
> Frederick Hirsch
> Fabian Ritzmann
> David Orchard
> Toufic Boubez
> Yakov Sverdlov
> Felix Sasaki
> Ümit Yalçinalp
> Asir Vedamuthu
> Maryann Hondo
> Dale Moberg
> 
> b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
> Member only:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
> 
> 2. Review and approval of previous minutes, Chair
> http://www.w3.org/2006/11/29-ws-policy-minutes.html
> 
> 3. Future WG meetings, Chair
> 
> a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Dec 13 - Chair is Chris Ferris.
> 
> b) Future meetings
> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
> 
> 4. Editorial team report
> 
> a) Primer and Guidelines documents
> Note: Editors are expected to deliver Editor's draft between Dec 11-18.
> 
> 5. Review action items, Chair
> Open action items - Member only:
> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open
> 
> ACTION-147 Raise issue relative to xml:base and ws-policy, Christopher
> Ferris
> 
> ACTION-148 Confirm that WG will not be out of bounds to publish a WG note
> that defines xpiointer scheme that defines access to wsdl 1.1 elements,
> Philippe Le Hegaret
> 
> ACTION-152 Review 4.4.8 with respect to the addition of the ignorable
> attribute ("treasure island") due December 1, David Orchard
> 
> ACTION-156 OPEN Respond to 1.1 element names topic Ashok Malhotra
> DONE.  See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0128.html
> 
> ACTION-157 OPEN Write a proposal for scoping the 1.1 identifiers to
> address the policy attachments points currently in the ws-policy
> attachment spec Christopher Ferris
> 
> 6. Last Call Framework and Attachment Issues
> 
> None.
> 
> 7. New Issues
> 
> None.
> 
> 8. WSDL11Identifiers
> 
> a) Nov 24 Editor's Draft:
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/wsdl11elementidentifier
> s.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
> 
> b) Umit's comment on table format:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0099.html
> 
> c) ACTION-156 OPEN Respond to 1.1 element names topic Ashok Malhotra
> DONE.  See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0128.html
> 
> d) Paul's review:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0127.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0129.html
> 
> 8. Primer Doc Issues
> Status: We will discuss those issues with the most discussion on the email
> list.
> 
> a) 3952 - Change optional example from MTOM to security (Guidelines and
> Primer), Frederick
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3952
> >From Nov F2F - Partial RESOLUTION: Agreed to preserve MTOM assertion as
> optional example in Primer as partial resolution to 3952.
> Dan's proposal:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0123.html
> Frederick's amendment:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0130.html
> 
> b) 3965 - Clarify text surrounding PolicyReference and for usage of
> wsp:Name attribute, Fabian
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3965
> Status: Awaiting amendment from Fabian.  Fabian cannot attend Dec 6
> meeting.
> 
> 9. Guidelines issues
> Status: We will discuss those issues with the most discussion on the email
> list.
> 
> a) 3953 - Remove language that use of security policy assertions forces
> nested assertions for other domains, Frederick
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3953
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0039.html
> Status: Frederick to update proposal against more recent Guidelines doc.
> 
> b) 3978 Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms
> is necessary, Dan Roth
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
> 
> c) 3979 Clarify the guidance in section 5.9.1 on referencing policy
> expressions, Dan Roth
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3979
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0104.html
> 
> d) 3982 The introduction should state that the document only targets
> policy assertion authors, Dan Roth
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3982
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0105.html
> 
> e) 3980 The introduction section..., Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3980
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0106.html
> 
> f) 3981 What is the relevance of Section 4 'Authoring Styles' to policy
> assertion design?, Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3981
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0107.html
> 
> g) 3983 The Guidelines document should use a phrase to identify the
> target audience consistently., Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3983
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0108.html
> 
> h) 3984 Assertion Parameters vs. Name Value Pairs., Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3984
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0109.html
> 
> i) 3986 Parameters vs. Nested Policy decision at the Domain Level?, Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3986
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0110.html
> 
> j) 3987 Section 5.9 - Lifecycle of Assertions?, Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3987
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0111.html
> 
> k) 3988 Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
> 
> l) 3989 Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
> 
> m) 3990 Content in Section 5.7 is unclear, Dan Roth
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3990
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0114.html
> 
> 11. Any other business
> 
> 12. Adjourn
> 
> /paulc
> 
> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
> 17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
> Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
> mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
> 
Received on Thursday, 30 November 2006 15:11:57 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:43 GMT