W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > November 2006

[VER 3] Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 15 - 2006-11-01

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 06:48:38 -0800
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC22571EE5D38754@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 15 - 2006-11-01

[VER 3]
1. Added more links to proposed resolutions for issues.
2. Reorganized Guidelines agenda item and included information on latest version.
3. Added item to Editorial team report for Editor's action item 12.

[VER 2]
1. Added item for Editorial Action 32.
2. Added item for new issue 3894.
3. Updated status of action items.
4. Updated current thread for issue 3721.

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Jong Lee (scribe for Nov 1)
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Jeffrey Crump
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Asir Vedamuthu
Ümit Yalçinalp
Dale Moberg
David Orchard
Jeff Mischkinsky
William Henry
Prasad Yendluri
Mark Little
Abbie Barbir
Yakov Sverdlov
Anthony Nadalin
Monica Martin
Glen Daniels
Felix Sasaki
Maryann Hondo
Ashok Malhotra
Toufic Boubez
Daniel Roth
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
Sanka Samaranayake
Frederick Hirsch
Fabian Ritzmann

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of last week's telcon minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of 2006-10-25 minutes, Chair
Draft minutes (member only):
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/25-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) WS-Policy F2F, Sonic, Bedford, MA Nov 7-9
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

b) Next distributed meeting is Wed Nov 15 - Chair is TBD.

c) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

4. F2F meeting agenda items, Chair

The following items will be discussed at the F2F meeting next week:
a) Open issues on Framework and Attachment specifications
b) Last call plans and schedule for Framework and Attachment specifications
c) Candidate Recommendation testing and exit criteria
d) Open issues on Guidelines and Primer specifications
e) WG review of Guidelines and Primer specifications
f) Future schedule for Guidelines and Primer
g) Future meeting schedule including F2F meetings after Jan 2007 meeting

5. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) WS-Policy Framework and Attachments specs, Editors

Editors Action 32 resolution:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0197.html

Editors Action 12 proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0001.html

b) WS-Policy Guidelines for Policy Authors, Editors

Revised Guidelines document, Umit
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0006.html

c) WS-Policy Primer, Editors

6. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

Action items not otherwise on this agenda:

ACTION-128
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/128

ACTION-133
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/133

ACTION-137
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/137
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0172.html

ACTION-138 - Draft concrete proposal for 3789
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/138
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0184.html

7. New issues opened since last meeting

a) NEW Issue [3894]: Definition of equivalence for WSDL 2.0 component model {policy} properties
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0192.html
Asir's message of support:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0193.html

8. Liaison items

a) Add an issue on coordination with other working groups
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3619
Status: Chairs to establish joint TF with WS-A (Bob Freund)
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/136

8. External attachment issues

a) External WS-Policy Attachment to WSDL 2.0 components, Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3730
Status: Paul's request for feedback from last week's meeting:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0172.html

b) Need a URI structure to refer to WSDL 1.1 definitions, etc.
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3599
Status from Oct 11: deferred a week
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0048.html

9. Issues with feedback from commenter

a) Levels of indirection for policy references
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3719 (RESOLVED)
Status: email from PaulC to PaulD:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0041.html
PaulD's replys:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/att-0065/00-part
Dan's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0067.html

10. Issues 3789 and 3721

a) Policy expressions with no wire manifestation, Sergey
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0111.html
Status: Sergey has opened an issue
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3789

ACTION-138 - Draft concrete proposal for 3789
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/138
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0184.html

b) New Attribute keyword to identify 'local' policies
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3721
email from Ashok:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0156.html
Sergey's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0161.html
Fabian's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0198.html
Glen's support for Fabian's position:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0199.html

11. Primer issues

a) primer/guidelines overlap, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3791
Proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0212.html

b) section 4 of the primer overlaps with the guidelines document, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3792
Proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0213.html

c) Section 3 overlap of primer with guidelines, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3794
Proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0214.html

d) (Primer) Section 2.4-, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3795
Proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0215.html

e) A wg member neutral name is desirable, Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3815

f) Primer uses an Assertion that does not exist, Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3809
Proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0216.html

12. Guidelines issues and comments

a) Comments from Paul
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0150.html

b) Comments from Frederick
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0165.html

c) Optional Assertions may not be usable in all circumstances
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3564
Status: On Oct 18 the WG reviewed the following proposal from Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0018.html
>From minutes:
"Umit: can do another pass before F2F, not sure if enough time to get Maryann's diagrams in"

d) Revised Guidelines document, Umit
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0006.html
Status: This revision is meant to resolve items a) and b) above.  In addition it includes a proposal for item c).

13. Any other business

14. Adjourn

/paulc
Received on Wednesday, 1 November 2006 14:48:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:43 GMT