W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > July 2006

face-to-face issues list (consolidated)

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:26:38 -0400
To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF365ECFEA.ED2E547A-ON852571AA.0064B08B-852571AA.00654E35@us.ibm.com>
7-11

[NEW] ACTION: Ashok to desribe the issue [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Ashok to raise an agenda item on domain expressions that 
apply to non Web service constructs [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action10]
[NEW] ACTION: BEA to investigate hosting F2F in January 15th [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: Dale/Fabian to write up the issue for Section 3.2 [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action09]
[NEW] ACTION: Felix to investigate the overlap case [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: Felix to publish the minutes [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Glen to look into hosting in November... [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Oracle to look into hosting the f2f in January starting 15th 
or 22nd... [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Seumas to open an issue [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: Umit to file an issue on the usage of xml:id as a naming 
mechanism [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action07]

7-12

[NEW] ACTION: ashok investigate text to see if what it says about domains 
defining rules [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: ashok provide a more detailed example of slide 8, including 
msgs types, wsdl, etc. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: Ashok to draft new issue regarding merits of nested policy 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Chris to draft issue for refactoring XML Namespaces section 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action23]
[NEW] ACTION: chris to open issue on undefined nature of processor 
sentences [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action21]
[NEW] ACTION: chris to respond to paul's namespace proposal with propsal 
on how to do versioning [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action22]
[NEW] ACTION: dale to raise issue to clarify the above language [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action19]
[NEW] ACTION: daveo look at adding/developing versioning policy material 
to primer/guide [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action07]
[NEW] ACTION: editors - remove the last sentence para 3 in Intro [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action16]
[NEW] ACTION: editors add ellipses convention to 2.1 [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action20]
[NEW] ACTION: editors as early as possible in the doc, use the definition 
that are defined in the doc -- note - some people are concerned about 
being overzealous between use as common english and as technical term 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action15]
[NEW] ACTION: editors find a better place for the example [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action17]
[NEW] ACTION: editors make sure all refs go through A.1 and A.2 [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action11]
[NEW] ACTION: editors make this change [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action12]
[NEW] ACTION: editors to also consider the style of example, maybe simpler 
to more complex. Also editors to consider making it more comprehensive, at 
least adding back in ALL [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action18]
[NEW] ACTION: Editors to convert Understanding WS-Policy whitepaper to 
spec format [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: felix add issue to ref RFC 3987 [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action09]
[NEW] ACTION: Glen to submit issue of domain specific assertions impacting 
framework, specifically intersection [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Maryann and Umit to produce primer proposal, an outline 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Toufic propose change to Abstract [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: umit raise issue in sec 2.4 to consider usage of xml:id as a 
possible attribute of idness characteristic and would require a normative 
reference [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action10]
[NEW] ACTION: Umit to raise an issue about the necessity of a conformance 
section [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action24]
[NEW] ACTION: william propose change to clarify the meaning of Web 
Services Policy in 1st sentence [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action14]
[NEW] ACTION: yakov consider wording of last sentence - "XML Web 
services-based system" [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action13] 

7-13

[NEW] ACTION: Ashok to articulate issue on external policy attachment 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action14]
[NEW] ACTION: Ashok to note about version differences in 2-1 [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: Ashok to note intro changes about 3 not 2 mechanisms, and 
mention ws-addressing [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: cferris to post issue about {any} used in 3.4 section 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action16]
[NEW] ACTION: cferris to raise issue on 4.0 mention of BP 1.1 wsdl 
extensibility decision's impact [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action19]
[NEW] ACTION: chairs to add status sections to working drafts [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: editors to align termdef with other w3c style [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: editors to clear up 3.4 paragraphs about domain and also 
define domain expression [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action15]
[NEW] ACTION: editors to link to svg graphic in fig 4-1 [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action22]
[NEW] ACTION: Editors to remove extraneous namespace decl in the example 
at the end of section 3.4 [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action18]
[NEW] ACTION: editors to reword 1st paragraph 2nd sentence under fig 4-1 
to replace "contain" by something like influence [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action23]
[NEW] ACTION: editors to scrub infoset terminology [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action20]
[NEW] ACTION: editors to straighten up Note after example 3-1. [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action11]
[NEW] ACTION: editors to update terminology uniformly in both drafts 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: editors, improve Definition in 3rd paragraph concerning 
"policy subjects" and "subjects" [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action10]
[NEW] ACTION: editors, RFC2606 for domain names [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action09]
[NEW] ACTION: felix, to draft issue about which terminology is normative 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action07]
[NEW] ACTION: frederick to add issue on wsdl 2.0 attachment functionality 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: glen to formulate issue concerning how to clarify merge 
discussion to match with typical wsdl user understanding [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action21]
[NEW] ACTION: glend to specify how EPRs function as subjects [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action17]
[NEW] ACTION: maryann to raise issue about 4th paragraph under fig 4-1 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action24]
[NEW] ACTION: umit to note missing conformance sections [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Umit to raise 2 issues on evils of optional [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action12]
[NEW] ACTION: umit to raise issues on optional [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action13] 

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/dw_blog.jspa?blog=440
phone: +1 508 377 9295
Received on Thursday, 13 July 2006 18:26:53 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:40 GMT