NEW ISSUE: Modify wording in Abstract for Framework document

From: Toufic Boubez <tboubez@layer7tech.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:30:50 -0700
To: <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Title  --
Modify restrictive wording about application of policies to a Web
Service in the Framework abstract.

Description --
In the abstract section, the wording of the sentence "The Web Services
Policy 1.5 - Framework provides a general purpose model and
corresponding syntax to describe the policies of a Web Service." [my
bold/italics] ignores the fact that policies apply just as well to a
requetor as to an endpoint ("a Web Service").

Target --
Abstract section in WS-Policy Framework 1.5 document.

Proposal --
I actually noticed a very well-worded alternative in the Introduction
section (Section 1): "Web Services Policy provides a flexible and
extensible grammar for expressing the capabilities, requirements, and
general characteristics of entities in an XML Web services-based system.
Web Services Policy 1.5 - Framework defines a framework and a model for
the expression of these properties as policies." (my bold/italics). I
propose we use similar wording in the abstract. The new sentence would
read: "The Web Services Policy 1.5 - Framework provides a general
purpose model and corresponding syntax to describe the policies in a Web
services-based system." (again, my bold/italics).

Toufic Boubez, Ph.D.
Chief Technology Officer

LAYER 7 TECHNOLOGIES / Advancing the application network.
604.681.9377 x310 (w)   604.288.7970 (m)
tboubez@layer7tech.com <mailto:tboubez@layer7tech.com>  (e)
www.layer7tech.com <http://www.layer7tech.com/>  (w)