W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > December 2006

RE: [VER 2] Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 21 - 2006-12-20

From: Anthony Nadalin <drsecure@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:48:35 -0600
To: "Ashok Malhotra" <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Cc: "Paul Cotton" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>, public-ws-policy-request@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF2A49F594.57366EAC-ON8625724A.005C53D9-8625724A.005C56E0@us.ibm.com>





regrets also

Anthony Nadalin | Work 512.838.0085 | Cell 512.289.4122


                                                                           
             "Ashok Malhotra"                                              
             <ashok.malhotra@o                                             
             racle.com>                                                 To 
             Sent by:                  "Paul Cotton"                       
             public-ws-policy-         <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>,        
             request@w3.org            "public-ws-policy@w3.org"           
                                       <public-ws-policy@w3.org>           
                                                                        cc 
             12/20/2006 09:48                                              
             AM                                                    Subject 
                                       RE: [VER 2] Agenda: WS-Policy WG    
                                       Teleconference 21 - 2006-12-20      
                                                                           
                                                                           
                                                                           
                                                                           
                                                                           
                                                                           





Regrets for this meeting.

All the best, Ashok
> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ws-policy-
> request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Paul Cotton
> Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 11:51 AM
> To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
> Subject: [VER 2] Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 21 - 2006-12-20
>
>
> Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 21 - 2006-12-20
>
> [VER 2]
> 1. Changed order of Guidelines issues.
> 2. Added status information about F2F registration.
> 3. Moved Primer agenda item to end of agenda.
> 4. Update action item list to indicate completed items.
>
> The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the
WG's
> administrative home page:
> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
>
> Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on
> the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
>
> 1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair
>
> a) Scribe List:
>
> Monica Martin (Scribe for Dec 20)
> Glen Daniels (scribe for Jan 3)
> Jong Lee
> Dimitar Angelov
> Sanjiva Weerawarana
> Ruchith Fernando
> Jeffrey Crump
> Tom Jordahl
> Vladislav Bezrukov
> ----------------------
> Jeff Mischkinsky
> William Henry
> Prasad Yendluri
> Abbie Barbir
> Anthony Nadalin
> Ashok Malhotra
> Daniel Roth
> Sergey Beryozkin
> Charlton Barreto
> Sanka Samaranayake
> Frederick Hirsch
> Fabian Ritzmann
> David Orchard
> Toufic Boubez
> Yakov Sverdlov
> Felix Sasaki
> Ümit Yalçinalp
> Asir Vedamuthu
> Maryann Hondo
> Dale Moberg
> Chris Ferris
> Mark Little
>
> b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
> Member only:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
>
> 2. Review and approval of previous minutes, Chair
> http://www.w3.org/2006/12/13-ws-policy-minutes.html
>
> 3. Future WG meetings, Chair
>
> a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Jan 3 - Chair is Chris Ferris.
>
> b) Please make your plans for attending the F2F in Jan, hosted by BEA
> in San Francisco.
> http://www.w3.org/2007/01/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
> Status: 18 WG members have still not registered.  What is the last date
> for registration?
>
> c) Future meetings
> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
>
> 4. Editorial team report
>
> a) Primer and Guidelines publication, Dec 21, Felix
> Status: The Director has approved the publication of the FPWD of
> Guidelines.  Target date is Thu Dec 21.
>
> b) WSDL11identifiers Editor's Draft
>
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/wsdl11elementidentifier
> s.html
>
> 5. Review action items, Chair
> Open action items - Member only:
> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open
>
> ACTION-152 Review 4.4.8 with respect to the addition of the ignorable
> attribute ("treasure island") due December 1, David Orchard
>
> ACTION-163 Work with Frederick to draft an example of the RM and security
> composition requiring nesting Umit Yalcinalp
>
> ACTION-164 Try to write up alternative text that takes into consideration
> today\\'s discussion on issue 3979
>
> ACTION-165 Work with Chris and felix to draft appropriate status sections
> for WD Primer and FPWD Guidelines drafts Paul Cotton
> DONE.
>
> ACTION-166 Help drive the publication of the WD Primer and FPWD
Guidelines
> drafts, by Dec 21 Felix Sasaki
> Status: In progress.
>
> ACTION-167 Follow-up with IETF regarding media type registration if we
> make this proposed change to the draft to accomodate XML Base Felix
Sasaki
> DONE. See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-
> comments/2006Dec/0003.html
>
> ACTION-168 Close 4039 in bugzilla Christopher Ferris
> DONE.
>
> ACTION-169 Make the change related to 4068 and check that update of RDDL
> doc after WD publication is ok Felix Sasaki
> DONE.
>
> ACTION-170 Work with Monica on a concrete proposal for changes to the
> Primer to accomodate the general sense of the proposal in issue 4069 Asir
> Vedamuthu
>
> ACTION-171 Raise this technical issue (form of the
> portType/operation/message designator) with jonathan Paul Cotton
>
> ACTION-172 Produce a proposal for resolving issue 4041 by January 10
> Editors
>
> 6. Last Call Framework and Attachment Issues
>
> a) ISSUE 4069: Updating References for Use of xml:id
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4069
> See note from Asir:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0041.html
>
> ACTION-170 Work with Monica on a concrete proposal for changes to the
> Primer to accomodate the general sense of the proposal in issue 4069 Asir
> Vedamuthu
>
> 7. WSDL11 Element Identifiers
>
> a) Dec Editor's Draft:
>
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/wsdl11elementidentifier
> s.html
> See note from David:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0048.html
>
> b) ACTION-156 OPEN Respond to 1.1 element names topic Ashok Malhotra
> DONE.  See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0128.html
>
> ACTION-171 Raise this technical issue (form of the
> portType/operation/message designator) with jonathan Paul Cotton
>
> Ashok raised the matter with the WSDL WG.  See thread starting at:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0058.html
>
> c) ISSUE 4045: Scoping WSDL1.1 identifiers to WS-Pol Att defined
> attachment points
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4045
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0031.html
>
> ACTION-162 Open an issue for the scoping of WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers
> Christopher Ferris 2006-12-13
> DONE
>
> d) 'Canonical form for WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers', Paul
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0028.html
>
> e) Support for operations with the same name, Fabian
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0065.html
>
> 8. Guidelines issues
> Status: We will discuss those issues with the most discussion on the
email
> list.
>
> a) 3980 The introduction section..., Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3980
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0106.html
>
> b) ISSUE 3983 The Guidelines document should use a phrase to identify the
> target audience consistently., Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3983
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0108.html
>
> c) ISSUE 3984 Assertion Parameters vs. Name Value Pairs., Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3984
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0109.html
>
> d) ISSUE 4072: Statements not relevant to assertion design, Dan
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4072
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0046.html
> Fabian's response:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0063.html
>
> e) ISSUE 4073: Free standing statements, Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4073
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0049.html
>
> f) ISSUE 4074: Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
>
> g) (NEW) ISSUE 4040: [Guidelines] Update guidelines to include discussion
> of ignorable, Frederick
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4040
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0025.html
>
> h) 3978 Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms
> is necessary, Dan Roth
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
> Maryann's response:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0131.html
>
> i) 3989 Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
> Maryann's response:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
> Asir:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
> Umit:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html
>
> j) 3988 Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
> Email discussion thread:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
>
> k) 3953 - Remove language that use of security policy assertions forces
> nested assertions for other domains, Frederick
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3953
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0039.html
> Status: Frederick's update proposal against more recent Guidelines doc:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0008.html
>
> ACTION-163 Work with Frederick to draft an example of the RM and security
> composition requiring nesting Umit Yalcinalp 2006-12-13
>
> ACTION-164 Try to write up alternative text that takes into consideration
> today\\'s discussion on issue 3979
>
> l) 3979 Clarify the guidance in section 5.9.1 on referencing policy
> expressions, Dan Roth
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3979
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0104.html
>
> ACTION-164 Try to write up alternative text that takes into consideration
> today\\'s discussion on issue 3979
>
> m) 3981 What is the relevance of Section 4 'Authoring Styles' to policy
> assertion design?, Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3981
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0107.html
>
> n) 3986 Parameters vs. Nested Policy decision at the Domain Level?, Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3986
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0110.html
>
> o) 3987 Section 5.9 - Lifecycle of Assertions?, Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3987
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0111.html
>
> p) 3990 Content in Section 5.7 is unclear, Dan Roth
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3990
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0114.html
>
> q) ISSUE 4035: [ Guidelines] Section 2 should account for interop impact
> of non-wire or one-party assertions and ignorable property
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html
>
> r) ISSUE (4074): [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text
> issues, Dan
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
>
> 9. Primer Doc Issues
>
> a) (NEW) ISSUE 4041: Update primer to mention ignorable as needed,
> Frederick
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4041
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0026.html
>
> ACTION-172 Produce a proposal for resolving issue 4041 by January 10
> Editors 2006-12-20
>
> 11. Any other business
>
> 12. Adjourn
>
>
>
> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
> 17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
> Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
> mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
>
>
>
>
>
>







graycol.gif
(image/gif attachment: graycol.gif)

pic12481.gif
(image/gif attachment: pic12481.gif)

ecblank.gif
(image/gif attachment: ecblank.gif)

Received on Wednesday, 20 December 2006 16:49:25 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:44 GMT