Re: Change Logs: Framework and Attachment

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 07:35:58 +0900
To: Asir Vedamuthu <asirveda@microsoft.com>
CC: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>, WS-Policy Editors W3C <public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org>

Asir Vedamuthu wrote:
> The Framework and Attachment drafts carry two sections that capture changes:
>
> a) Changes in this Version of the Document (Non-Normative)
> b) Web Services Policy 1.5 - Change Log (Non-Normative)
>
> It appears that Recommendations on the TR page (http://www.w3.org/TR/#Recommendations) do not carry such change logs.

thanks for the reminder. I checked out a few, and some contained such logs:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-its-20070403/#changelog-since-20070226
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-webcgm20-20070130/WebCGM20-Appendix.html#webcgm_changelog
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-xpath-functions-20070123/#changelog
no log: http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-wsdl20-20070626/

so there is no need to drop the logs, and no need to keep them.

> Do you plan to drop these sections while staging them for production or do you expect editors to drop them?

I will drop them if the WG  / editors agree on that. Please assign me an
AI during the next call.

Felix