Re: Minutes, Editors' Call - 04/25/07

Paul Cotton wrote:
> Is there any chance that the Editors could include a text version of the minutes directly in this kind of note?

to the editors: type ",text" at the end of the URI, e.g.

http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html,text

that will give you the minutes as text, see below.

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                         WS Policy (editor's)

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-eds/2007Apr/0075.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Asir, DaveO, Frederick, Felix, Maryann, Toufic, Prasad

   Regrets
   Chair
          Asir

   Scribe
          toufic

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Administrivia
         2. [6]Review of open actions
         3. [7]Foster Home for Good Practices
         4. [8]asir to add G13 in section 5.4.2
         5. [9]Timeline
         6. [10]Primer
     * [11]Summary of Action Items

   <fsasaki> scribe: toufic

Administrivia

   Next week Chair: Prasad

   Next week Scribe: Asir

   Next week Reporter: Asir

   prasad: heard from abbie that internet connection might be an issue
   for May f2f
   ... but we have a room

   asir: we should follow up

Review of open actions

   actions 100, 216 - tickler - leave as is

   action 227 - toufic still working on

   action 228 - toufic is done

   action 230 - asir still open

   action 231 - frederick is done

   action 232 - prasad still open

   action 233 - daveO is done

   action 234 - daveO is done

   daveO rocks

   and he works hard

   action 235 - asir - time sensitive - still open

   action 237 - toufic is done

   toufic to update pdf doc and upload it

   <maryann> hi sorry to be late

   action 238 - asir is done

   <dorchard> Maryann, how about I do the action on 3978? note, we
   don't have an explicit editors action right now.

   <scribe> new action 239 - primer - assigned to toufic

   <maryann> sure that's fine david, thanks'

   daveO: will do 240
   ... what i understand is to do partial resolution based on maryann's
   email and asir's editorial changes
   ... prob need to have another AI based on group decision

   <scribe> new action 241

   daveO suggested we can start giving WG some early sections as they
   are being written (e.g. action 240)

   asir: why don't we talk about timing

   <scribe> new action 242 - prasad

   <scribe> new actions 243, 244, 245 - prasad

   <scribe> new action 246 - prasad

   <scribe> new actions 247, 248 - toufic

Foster Home for Good Practices

   [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-eds/2007Apr
   /0074.html

     [12]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-eds/2007Apr/0074.html

   asir: does not apply to sections 4,5,6
   ... so i started new section

   maryann: only 2-3 new ones that need to be owned
   ... we could create new AIs for them or assign to original owners

   prasad: second option is better - too many AI's already

   frederick: G2 might belong in section 5
   ... section 5.1

   <scribe> ACTION: toufic to add G2 in Section 5.1 [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action01
   ]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-249 - Add G2 in Section 5.1 [on Toufic
   Boubez - due 2007-05-02].

   asir: i expect that we might only create 4-5 action
   ... G7 - section 5.5

   <scribe> ACTION: frederick to add G7, G8 to 5.5 [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action02
   ]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-250 - Add G7, G8 to 5.5 [on Frederick
   Hirsch - due 2007-05-02].

   asir: G9, G10 are about ignorable - should go in section 3

   maryann: not section 3

   fredercik: nothing about ignorable in section 3

   maryann: we should have a section comparable to optional for
   ignorable
   ... odd that there is nothing about ignorable

   daveO: this might be also relevant to our action for issue 4414

   <scribe> ACTION: maryann to add G9, G10 to a new section on
   ignorable [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action03
   ]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-251 - Add G9, G10 to a new section on
   ignorable [on Maryann Hondo - due 2007-05-02].

   <scribe> ACTION: asir to add G11 in section 5.4.1 [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action04
   ]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-252 - Add G11 in section 5.4.1 [on Asir
   Vedamuthu - due 2007-05-02].

   <dorchard> ping

   pong

   <scribe> ACTION: prasad to add G16, G17, G18 in section 5.6
   [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action05
   ]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-253 - Add G16, G17, G18 in section 5.6 [on
   Prasad Yendluri - due 2007-05-02].

   <DaveO> Maryann, I wonder if the stuff from 4414 should go in the
   "ignorable" section, or at least be related?

   <scribe> ACTION: maryann to add G5, G6 in section 5.3.2 [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action06
   ]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-254 - Add G5, G6 in section 5.3.2 [on
   Maryann Hondo - due 2007-05-02].

asir to add G13 in section 5.4.2

   <scribe> ACTION: prasad to add G15, G19 in section 5.6 [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action07
   ]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-256 - Add G15, G19 in section 5.6 [on
   Prasad Yendluri - due 2007-05-02].

Timeline

   maryann: expectation was that examples were to go after text in the
   box

   asir: yes true, but maybe not all sections have been converted yet

   maryann: we don't have a target date for completion - we have to
   decide on a date today
   ... we said narrative done by may 16 and changes done by may 21

   asir: that's 2 days before f2f
   ... if narrative is done then presumably changes are done?

   <maryann> so "narrative" is of the summary of changes by section

   maryann: might take a bit more time to implement changes

   asir: maybe three milestones

   <asir> M1 - May 2nd

   <asir> M1 = actions 227-234

   <asir> M2 = May 9th

   <asir> M2 = actions 249-256

   <asir> M3 = May 16th = review completed, edits applied and docs
   generated

   <asir> M3 also includes a summary of changes

   maryann: we could have all actions done by may 9 - but prasad might
   have different opinion since he has a lot of the work

   <maryann> sorry, but i have to drop again, i'm ok with the plan

   <fjh> agenda is
   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-eds/2007Apr
   /0075.html

     [20]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-eds/2007Apr/0075.html

Primer

   asir: so you think we can be done with primer before next conf call?
   ... can we deliver to WG

   daveO: we can deliver "here's our next version - you can review it"
   ... but no formal tags because of outstanding actions e.g. 4414

   <scribe> ACTION: asir to deliver link to primer to WG on May 1
   [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action08
   ]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-257 - Deliver link to primer to WG on May
   1 [on Asir Vedamuthu - due 2007-05-02].

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: asir to add G11 in section 5.4.1 [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action04
   ]
   [NEW] ACTION: asir to deliver link to primer to WG on May 1
   [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action08
   ]
   [NEW] ACTION: frederick to add G7, G8 to 5.5 [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action02
   ]
   [NEW] ACTION: maryann to add G5, G6 in section 5.3.2 [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action06
   ]
   [NEW] ACTION: maryann to add G9, G10 to a new section on ignorable
   [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action03
   ]
   [NEW] ACTION: prasad to add G15, G19 in section 5.6 [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action07
   ]
   [NEW] ACTION: prasad to add G16, G17, G18 in section 5.6 [recorded
   in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action05
   ]
   [NEW] ACTION: toufic to add G2 in Section 5.1 [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action01
   ]

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [30]scribe.perl version 1.128
    ([31]CVS log)
    $Date: 2007/04/25 19:06:10 $

     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.128  of Date: 2007/02/23 21:38:13
Check for newer version at [32]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

     [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/might/G2 might/
Succeeded: s/section/sections/
Found Scribe: toufic
Inferring ScribeNick: toufic
Present: Asir DaveO Frederick Felix Maryann Toufic Prasad
Agenda: [33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-eds/20
07Apr/0075.html
Got date from IRC log name: 25 Apr 2007
Guessing minutes URL: [34]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-mi
nutes.html
People with action items: asir frederick maryann prasad toufic

     [33]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-eds/2007Apr/0075.html
     [34] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

   End of [35]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm