From: Prasad Yendluri
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 2:07 PM
To: 'Frederick Hirsch'; public-ws-policy@w3.org
Subject: RE: [Guidelines] Proposed update to section 4.5 (now 5.5),
Designating Optional Behaviors

Hi Frederick,

Couple of quick comments.

1. Good practice (b) and (d) seem to have the same good practice
description.

That is lines 28-29 and 62-63 are identical (ref: .pdf w/o diff).

2. Some of these best practices could be applicable on a broader scope
rather than just

"optional assertions". For example, the following best practice w/o optional
could be

applicable to WSDL attachment (described in the section that follows this
one).

"Assertion Authors should associate optional assertions with the appropriate
endpoint,

and right granularity to limit the degree to which optionality applies."

Is it worth rephrasing these to be more generic so that they can also be
applicable

elsewhere rather than scoping them strictly to optional assertions?

Regards,

Prasad