Re: Diffs generated from build.xml diff target do not look right

Hi Prasad,

This should work now again. The problem was that the DIFF tool did not
work correctly if the previous WDs were fetched from the WEB. So I
installed local copies of them, i.e.
ws-policy-framework-tr20060927.xml
ws-policy-attachment-tr20060927.xml
Could you update the directory and see if everything works now?

Prasad Yendluri wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I just tried to generate the diff files using the ant build with “diff”
> target. It seems the generated diff files do not look right.
>
> I have attached the framework-diff.html file
> (ws-policy-framework-diff20060927.html). You would noticed that right at
> the top, the in red highlight it shows a lot deleted material (including
> editors list), that have not been deleted in actuality.
>

> I contrasted with the previous round’s diff generated (see
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/ws-policy-framework-diff20060731.html),
> that seems fine.
>

> Do we have an issue with diff generation?  I simply invoked the diff
> target via ant on build.xml.
>
> BTW, why the 20060927 date?

this is the date of the previous publication at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-ws-policy-20060927 . That publication is
identical to the approved WDs tagged as
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/ws/policy/?only_with_tag=Approved-as-Second-Public-Working-Draft
.