From: Frederick Hirsch [mailto:frederick.hirsch@nokia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 6:01 PM
To: ext Felix Sasaki
Cc: Frederick Hirsch; Asir Vedamuthu; WS-Policy Editors W3C
Subject: Re: oXygen and eclipse

Much thanks, I got it working. The trick is to make sure oxygen is
the default editor for xml types.

Thanks to Prasad for a very clear explanation of building html and
diffs using eclipse targets!

Here are my notes for future reference in case it helps anyone else:

1. Building HTML in eclipse

a. In package view showing cvs hierarchy, select root ("policy") and
right-click refresh
b. select build.xml
c. right click , open with "ant editor"
d. Outline view shows build targets, select html
e. right click, run as ant build (note that console shows build
progress)
f. In package view showing cvs hierarchy, select root ("policy") and
right-click refresh
without refresh list will not be updated to include result of build
g. select html file, right click "open with web browser" to display

2. Building diff
similar, but in (d) select diff
note that build.xml has hard-coded version of files to diff against,
to custom (local) edit of build.xml would be needed to build other
diff targets.

3. Spell check with oxygen
a. install oxygen plugin
b. make sure oxygen is default editor for xml, using preferences
general>editor>file associations preference for this.
c. xml menu should show spelling check as last item, shift-ctrl-Q
works. (it is not platform dependent)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia