W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org > November 2006

Re: Action-77, Action-80, Action-84 (was RE: agenda for today's policy editors call

From: Maryann Hondo <mhondo@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:07:18 -0500
To: Asir Vedamuthu <asirveda@microsoft.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org, public-ws-policy-eds-request@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF5EB3F80A.29A5D8B9-ON87257233.006555D9-85257234.004D7549@us.ibm.com>
Asir,
so let me see if I understand what you are questioning....
I did assume that the action item I took ( 77) covered the items d-h.

I think Frederick has offered (as we have done in the past) to "review" my 
changes
for readability. When I took previous actions, either Toufic or Dave 
looked at the proposed changes,
and gave feedback.  I would assume that Frederick will do the same. 
Frederick, it has been our
process to have one person do the actual changes, so I think this is why 
Asir is asking these questions.

For anything not "editorial" I would think we would need to open an issue 
and have
it reviewed and assigned to the editorial team.

Frederick,
is that your understanding? or did you have more substantive changes in 
mind? and if so,
were you planning to open issues for these?  It has been our process to 
have the editors take
actions that the working group has agreed to.  Does that make sense to 
everyone?

Maryann

FYI.... Frederick I will need to correct something I did in the document 
and just want to make sure that
we don't collide in any editing attempts. Asir has pointed out that 
section 4.4.8 belongs in the Primer, not in 
the guidelines although I think a pointer to the primer should be in the 
guidelines doc.




Asir Vedamuthu <asirveda@microsoft.com> 
Sent by: public-ws-policy-eds-request@w3.org
11/21/2006 08:25 PM

To
Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, Maryann 
Hondo/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
cc
<public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org>
Subject
Action-77, Action-80, Action-84 (was RE: agenda for today's policy editors 
call







On the tracker, there are three actions for implementing the resolution
for issue 3792: 77, 80 and 84.

Issue 3792 [1] resolution is as follows:

Primer
a) Retain Section 4.2 (fold into section 3)
b) Retain Section 4.4.8 (fold into section 3)
c) Drop section 4

Guidelines
d) Absorb Section 4.3, Primer
e) Absorb Section 4.5, Primer, as a new section (lead-in or follow-on)
f) Blend in contents from Section 4 and 4.1, Primer
g) Use the style of guidance for designing assertions from Section 4.4,
Primer (for instance, enumerate the set of design questions)
h) Use forward pointers to show where the answers can be found for these
design questions.

Action-80 [2] covers items a)-c).
Action-77 [3] covers items d)-h).

I assume that any proposed new content or proposed changes to existing
content will embark the natural path: commentator opens a WG issue and
proposes a resolution, WG discusses and resolves the issue, WG adopts a
resolution, editors open a corresponding editorial action (s) ...

>I can take an editorial pass on the guidelines

What is an editorial pass?

>I think it is simplest to update with my editorial suggestions

Are there any e-mails to the WG that describe these editorial (or
substantial) suggestions? Or, are there any related WG issues?

It is not clear what is the intent for the third action, Action-84 [4].
Are we trying to split items d)-h) into two actions? If positive, what
is the split?

[1] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3792#c2
[2] http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicyeds/actions/80 
[3] http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicyeds/actions/77 
[4] http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicyeds/actions/84 

Regards,
 
Asir S Vedamuthu
Microsoft Corporation


-----Original Message-----
From: public-ws-policy-eds-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-policy-eds-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Frederick
Hirsch
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 9:10 AM
To: ext Maryann Hondo
Cc: Frederick Hirsch; public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org
Subject: Re: agenda for today's policy editors call


I can take an editorial pass on the guidelines, the week after next. 
Next week I will be on vacation and unavailable.

I think it is simplest to update with my editorial suggestions as 
well as other agreed changes and then share that revision. It is more 
work to write up the suggestions than to edit.

Editors can then review the redline, and I can then update with 
additional changes as needed.

Will this work?

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia


On Nov 15, 2006, at 11:17 AM, ext Maryann Hondo wrote:

>
> I believe its my turn to chair the editors meeting since I was 
> scribe last week.
>
> Welcome to Fred & Umit.
> We have generally followed a rotation pattern .....we can review 
> this on the call.
>
>
> So,
>
> The primary topic we need to cover is the plan for getting the 
> Guidelines and Primer documents to the working group.
>
>
> Logistics:
> Duration: 1hour -  2pm-3pm Eastern
> Dial-in: See http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/editors#meetings
>
> Zakim------- The code is 3348 (617-761-6200)
> IRC----------------#ws-policy-eds
>
>
> Proposed Agenda:
>
> 1. Administrative
>
>
> review the rotation.....add in umit & fred
>
>     a. This week's arrangements:
>        Chair -Maryann
>        Scribe - ??
>        Regrets:
>
>
>   b.Editorial Team Report: will be delivered by Dave O (yes?)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-eds/2006Nov/ 
> 0051.html
>
>   c. Last call's Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2006/11/09-ws-policy- 
> eds-minutes.html
>
> 2. Open Editors Action Items (status Review):
> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicyeds/actions/open
>
> 3.The primary topic we need to cover is the plan for getting the 
> Guidelines and Primer documents to the working group.
> 4. NEW Editorial Actions from this week's WG Conference Call
>
> 5. AOB?
>
> Maryann
>
>
Received on Tuesday, 28 November 2006 14:12:31 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:59 GMT