Re: FnP for HTTP binding and SOAP HTTP binding

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 07:21, Jean-Jacques Moreau wrote:
> Sounds good. What about adding the following feature, to cover setting
> HTTP header fields, which we've postponed[1] until features were available?

How useful would it be? The accept, accept-ranges, content-type,
authorization, cache-control, connection and content-length are already
fixed by other means. accept-language has nothing to do in the WSDL. Do
you have an example of an header that needs to be fixed and should not
be represented in a more abstract way?

> HTTP binding:
>   feature
>      http://www.example.org/2003/03/http/header-field
>      property
>       name: http://www.example.org/2003/03/http/header-field/name
>       type: xsd:string
>      property
>       name: http://www.example.org/2003/03/http/header-field/value
>       type: xsd:string

How do you set two headers with the approach?

> We could also generalize this features for any protocol, not just HTTP,
> i.e. define it at the abstract level.

imho, we should focus on the needs themselves, not the way they are
represented in the protocol. Authorization is a good example of such
case.

Philippe