RE: WSD Issue 268 Closed

The fact that this is not a "recommendation" doesn't absolve you from the
responsibility of giving good advice, so I find the reasoning that the
document status being a Note means you don't have to pay attention to
comments somewhat specious.

"Users of this attribute information item are urged to use wild cards (for
example, "image/*") with care ..."

makes it sound like users are urged to use wild cards. I suggest changing
the sense, at least:

"Users of this attribute information item are urged to avoid using wild
cards (for example, "image/*") ..."

Similarly

"If the set of expected media types are known, a list of media types is
RECOMMENDED instead of wild cards..."

makes it sound like the use of wild cards might be recommended if the set of
expected media types is NOT known. Instead, I would recommend not using
xmime:expectedContentTypes at all if the set of expected content types is
not known.

Larry

  _____