WSD Issue 278 Closed

From: Yalcinalp, Umit <umit.yalcinalp@sap.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 03:16:44 +0100
To: <addison.phillips@quest.com>
Cc: <public-ws-media-types@w3.org>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Addison,

You raised an issue against the "Assigning Media Types to Binary Data in
XML" Last Call WD [1] in your email at [2]. This was accepted by the WSD
WG as issue 278 [3].
The wg has decided to remove the restriction and to allow Accept
Extensions. Further, content selection such as charset is allowed per
our note. Therefore, we decided that adding additional attributes is not
necessary for content selection since it is already allowed. For
example,  Section 2.1 shows how contentType values may include charset
parameters.

This is reflected in the latest editors at draft [4].
We hope this addresses the issue that you raised to your satisfaction.
Regards.
--Umit Yalcinalp (WSD WG)

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xml-media-types-20041102/
[2]