Proposed resolution for issue 199

From: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 17:46:10 -0700
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org, public-ws-media-types@w3.org
Cc: Umit Yalcinalp <umit.yalcinalp@oracle.com>

Issue 199 [1] states:
"Possible error conditions: mismatch between the media type attribute
and the actual data."

I would like to suggest that we resolve this issue by saying that this
case is no different than the case of a message not conforming with the
schema specified in WSDL for that message.

For example, this case is very similar to an element being declared as
xsd:int and containing alpha characters. OR
<IntElement xsi:type="xsd:int">abc</IntElement>

-Anish

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html#x199