Update of meps-vs-iops

From: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:07:29 -0400
To: public-ws-desc-meps@w3.org

In accordance with Monday's MEP call, I've made substantial edits to the
meps-vs-iops document[1]:

- Removed the definitions of IOP and MEP, in order to focus on the patterns
themselves.

- Added a generic definition of "message pattern".  NOTE: Instead of the
wording I suggested (from memory) during the call, I used the wording from
the WS Arch Glossary / SOAP 1.2, because I thought it would make sense to
be consistent.  Is this okay?

- Enumerated characteristics that are specified in all patterns (i.e.,
sequence, direction, cardinality)

- Enumerated characteristics that vary between different styles of patterns
(i.e., conservation of messages versus non-conservation; specified
sender/receiver versus unspecified)

- Renumbered all patterns

- Defined "Pattern specialization", and indicated which patterns are a
specialization of what other patterns

- Removed the regular expressions, because they were incorrect and redundant.

1.
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/meps-vs-iops/meps-vs-iops_clean.htm

2. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/arch/glossary/wsa-glossary.html

--