Re: Proposed MEP TF recommendations

Okay, additional responses.

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:53:00 -0400
David Booth <dbooth@w3.org> wrote:
> 1. Patterns describe *minimal* expected behavior.
[snip]

> 3. In general, the WSD (and therefore the patterns) should only
> contain information that is relevant to more than one party.  (For
> example, information that the client and service need to agree on.)

I think that these two say the same thing; I think that three is a means
of defining the slogan expressed in 1.

I'm still not certain that I *agree*, but I do think that these belong
together.

> 2. Patterns specify parties as variables.

Agreement.  I think that this is a good-enough way to state the rules of
participant identity.

I want to think about the patterns.  I'm not sure how comfortable I am
recommending removals.  Or, conversely, how comfortable I am leaving
some of the oddities in if we recommend removals of others.  Or, also,
whether we ought to recommend more-than-one pattern for particular
families.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis