{rpc signature} REQUIRED when rpc style is not specified?

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:26:33 -0700
To: <public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
AIUI, this fulfills AIs assigned variously to me and John Kaputin.

Section 4.1.1 of the Adjuncts specifies {rpc signature} as a required
property.  Per our recent clarifications, this will appear in the
component model whenever the implementation supports the rpc extension.
Thus, even if the {style} property does not include the rpc-style uri,
the {rpc signature} property will appear.  No default value is supplied
either.

Instead, I believe it would be cleaner to make the {rpc property}
optional, and state that when the rpc style is engaged, the property
MUST appear.

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-adjuncts.
html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#InterfaceOperation_RPC_Sign
ature_Definition

 [  Jonathan Marsh  ][  jmarsh@microsoft.com
<mailto:jmarsh@microsoft.com>   ][  http://auburnmarshes.spaces.msn.com
]