From: Ramkumar Menon [mailto:ramkumar.menon@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 3:32 PM
To: Jonathan Marsh
Subject: Re: FW: Synchronous v/s Asynchronous, a WSA question, and few
suggestions

All resolutions sound gd, Jonathan.

regards,

Ram

On 12/21/06, Jonathan Marsh <jonathan@wso2.com> wrote:

Ram,

The Working Group tracked part of this mail as a comment against the spec,
specifically:

b) Section 2.9.1 in the Core Language Spec states that "A Binding component
that defines bindings for an Interface component MUST define bindings for
all the operations of that Interface component".  Shouldnt a similar
assertion be made regarding the Faults declared in the interface as well?
i.e.  "A Binding component that defines bindings for an Interface component
MUST define bindings for all the faults of that Interface component"

The WS Description Working Group tracked this issue as a CR081 [1].

As a result of this comment, the Working Group added a similar statement
about faults, which is now implemented in the editor's draft [2]

Unless you let us know otherwise by mid-January, we will assume you agree
with the resolution of this issue.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/issues.html#CR081
<http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/issues.html#CR0818>

[2]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20.html?content-
type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#Binding_details

Jonathan Marsh -  <http://www.wso2.com/> http://www.wso2.com -
<http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com/> http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com

  _____