POST & application/x-www-form-urlencoded serializatin

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:17:35 -0400
To: public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org

I'm writing on behalf of DAWG, which is using WSDL 2.0 to specify the SPARQL
Protocol for RDF [1]. We have a couple of LC comments about WSDL 2.0, and
I'll be sending each one in a separate message. This message contains the
last LC comment we intend to raise at this time.

We have added a POST binding for our sole operation, query, because we
anticipate there being SPARQL queries, perhaps autogenerated ones, that are
too long to transmit reliably over GET, serialized into a URI. Therefore, we
added a POST binding, and we'd like the serialization of the input message
for that POST operation to be application/x-www-form-urlencoded. We do not
have an XML serialization of SPARQL's surface syntax, so that we cannot POST

As with our other two comments, we raise this because we'd like to use WSDL
2.0 to describe our service *accurately* and completely.

Kendall Clark

[1] http://www.w3.org/sw/2001/DataAccess/proto-wd/