POST & application/x-www-form-urlencoded serializatin

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:17:35 -0400
To: public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org

S-Desc,

I'm writing on behalf of DAWG, which is using WSDL 2.0 to specify the SPARQL
Protocol for RDF [1]. We have a couple of LC comments about WSDL 2.0, and
I'll be sending each one in a separate message. This message contains the
last LC comment we intend to raise at this time.

We have added a POST binding for our sole operation, query, because we
anticipate there being SPARQL queries, perhaps autogenerated ones, that are
too long to transmit reliably over GET, serialized into a URI. Therefore, we
added a POST binding, and we'd like the serialization of the input message
for that POST operation to be application/x-www-form-urlencoded. We do not
have an XML serialization of SPARQL's surface syntax, so that we cannot POST
application/xml.

As with our other two comments, we raise this because we'd like to use WSDL
2.0 to describe our service *accurately* and completely.

Cheers,
Kendall Clark

[1] http://www.w3.org/sw/2001/DataAccess/proto-wd/