RE: simple case of IRIs for Components in WSDL 2.0

Are you suggesting that the form of the component identifier should be
dependent upon what other (local) identifiers are in the document?  That
we should define an identifier to a component that might lose its
property of unique identification when other (unrelated but perfectly
legal) components are added to the document?

This might be possible when you're trusting some infrastructure like
Schemas, DTDs or xml:id to ensure no duplicate identifiers occur, but in
our case duplicates (between symbol spaces) are completely legal.

Your suggestion seems quite unstable in the face of WSDL evolution and
the distribution of components between multiple documents, the full
combination of which might not be available until runtime.