WSDL 2: HTTP binding error reason phrase unnecessary

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 20:46:00 +0100
To: public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org

Hi all,

a last call comment on the 2005 last call draft of the adjuncts:

in our HTTP binding, we have a property {http error reason phrase} which
is IMHO unnecessary. The HTTP reason phrase is purely informative and
therefore it doesn't make much sense to specify what a service will use
for a particular fault.

To compare, we don't deal with fault reason in the SOAP binding, and I
raised a similar issue for WS Addressing (they mandated SOAP fault
reasons for their faults) and they decided to make their text the
recommended reason text, not the required one.

I believe we should drop whttp:reasonPhrase attribute and all the
corresponding property, {http error reason phrase}, from WSDL 2 HTTP
binding.

Best regards,

Jacek Kopecky