From: public-ws-desc-comments-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-desc-comments-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Jacek
Kopecky
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 10:25 AM
To: public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org
Subject: binding fault property placement inconsistencies

Hi all,

while working on the RDF binding, I've noticed an inconsistency in where
fault properties are placed in bindings:

SOAP binding puts wsoap:code and subcodes and wsoap:header on binding
fault, and the same does HTTP mapping with whttp:code and whttp:header.
This basically shows that most specific binding fault properties are put
on the bindings faults.

Inconsistently, HTTP binding puts whttp:transferCoding on the fault
reference within operations - do we have a use case for different
transferCodings for the same faults when used in different operations?
If not, I suggest that transferCoding is moved from operation/infault
and outfault to binding/fault.

Best regards,

Jacek