Re: Updates to exit examples

I have used the CDL source in the "examples" directory as a test set for
the WS-Engineer Tool CDL modelling features.  The following is a test
report, including some work to be done and some questions I have on the
specification.

WS-Engineer (http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/ltsa/eclipse/wsengineer):

Summary of work needed from test examples:

1 decide which FSP model to use for implementing channel types and
message passing.
2 add workunit models and compose
3 add "record" attribute model to receive element model (see semantics)
4 add "causeException" attribute on copy to model exception handling
5 generate compliant unique FSP process names for choreographies
[FIXED].
6 add sequence process number where name not provided [FIXED].
7 add "complete" attribute model to choreography element model (see
semantics)
8 add "coordination" attribute model to choreography element model (see
semantics)
9 add "exceptionBlock" element model to process (see semantics)
10 add "finalizerBlock" element model to process (see semantics)1
11 add "finalize" element model to choreography process (see semantics)
12 need to consider "bind" element for channel and messaging passing
model.

Summary of issues (may be resolved by looking at CDL schema):

channeltypes-with-action.cdl
* there are 3 exchanges in one interaction element - 2xresponds for
1xrequest - is this valid given a rendezvous style interaction?
* also 2nd response is "badPurchaseOrderAckException", but also has a
faultName="badPurchaseOrderAckException",
* think this should be a choice? or in an exception block?

channeltypes-with-identity-alternate.cdl
* there are 2 interactions without explicit sequencing, would the
semantics of CDL therefore be "parallel"?
* is it valid CDL to have empty exchange <send/> and <receive/>
elements?  maybe this is optional to specify what is exactly exchanged.

Details by example:

assign-with-causeexception.cdl
- translation to FSP valid
- need to add roleType to create unique assignment process
- FSP process sequence number generation - check increase rate
- need to map "causeException" attribute on copy to model exception
handling

assign-without-causeexception.cdl
- translation to FSP valid
- as reqs 1,2,3
- need to map "workunit" as conditional path. need link with
assign-xpath variable to compose.

channeltypes-with-action.cdl
- failed to be valid FSP
* there are 3 exchanges in one interaction element - 2xresponds for
1xrequest - does not seem to make sense?
* also 2nd response is "badPurchaseOrderAckException", but also has a
faultName="badPurchaseOrderAckException",
* think this should be a choice? or in an exception block?
- reqs. process name to be generated with removed "-" char.  "-" is not
valid in FSP process names. [fixed]
- need to map "record" attribute of receive construct

channeltypes-with-identity-alternate.cdl
- translation to FSP valid
* there are 2 interactions without explicit sequencing, would the
semantics of CDL therefore be "parallel"?
* is it valid CDL to have empty exchange <send/> and <receive/>
elements?

channeltypes-with-identity-association.cdl
- translation to FSP valid
* there are 2 interactions without explicit sequencing, as issue above.
* is it valid CDL to have empty exchange <send/> and <receive/>
elements, as issue above.

channeltypes-with-identity-with-identity-primary.cdl
- translation to FSP valid
* is it valid CDL to have empty exchange <send/> and <receive/>
elements, as issue above.

channeltypes-with-passing.cdl
- translation to FSP valid
* is it valid CDL to have empty exchange <send/> and <receive/>
elements?

choreo-with-choice.cdl
- failed translation to FSP, did not generate unique sequence process
names
- translation to FSP valid after FIX.

choreo-with-complete.cdl
- translation to FSP valid
- did not model "complete" aspect of choreography, work needed

choreo-with-coordination.cdl
- failed translation to FSP, failed with no role, relationship and
partcipant typs defined
- did not model "exceptionBlock" element, work needed
- did not model "coordination" aspect of choreography, work needed

choreo-with-exception-block.cdl
- failed translation to FSP
* failed with no role, relationship and partcipant typs defined
- did not model "exceptionBlock" element, work needed

choreo-with-finalizer-block.cdl
- translation to FSP valid
- did not modl "finalize" for choreograhy Sub, work needed
- did not model "finalizerBlock" element, work needed

choreo-without-qos.cdl
- translation to FSP valid
- need to map "workunit" as conditional path. need link with
assign-xpath variable to compose.

choreo-with-parallel.cdl
- translation to FSP valid

choreo-with-sequence.cdl
- translation to FSP valid

choreo-with-subchoro.cdl
- translation to FSP valid

choreo-with-subchoro-complete.cdl
- translation to FSP valid
- need to consider "bind" element for channel and messaging passing
model.

choreo-with-subchoro-nofree.cdl
- translation to FSP valid
- did not model "exceptionBlock" element, work needed

choreo-with-subchoro-timeout-causeException.cdl
- translation to FSP valid
- did not model "exceptionBlock" element, work needed

choreo-with-block.cdl
- translation to FSP valid
- did not model "workunit" element, work needed

choreo-with-guard.cdl
- translation to FSP valid
- did not model "workunit" element, work needed

choreo-with-repeat.cdl
- translation to FSP valid
- did not model "workunit" element, work needed

Regards
Howard.

--
Dr Howard Foster