RE: Exchange type issue

In 1), why would we ever allow a response that has not had a preceeding request? This should be illegal! The only chellange is being
able to match a response with a request. We could also allow fancy patterns such as one request and mutiple responses (of same or
different type) without introducing this "notify" flag.

Martin.