Re: Exception handling for the actions in a finalizerBlock

Hi,

My take on this issue is that the exception handlers for a choreography
are intended to handle faults that occur during the scope of the normal
activities within that choreography. Therefore once the choreography has
reached the "successfully completed" state, those exception handlers are
no longer relevant.

The finalizer blocks are intended to perform the role of a commit or
rollback in terms of the work performed by its associated
sub-choreography, and although the finalizer blocks activities are
performed in the scope of the sub-choreography being finalized, so that
it has access to the state associated with that sub-choreography, it is
actually performed under the direct control of the parent choreography.

Therefore I think my preference is that a failure during the finalize
should be handled by the parent choreography - i.e. so the exception
handlers focus on handling failures in the normal flow of the
choreography in which it is associated, and the failure to finalize a
performed sub-choreo, is the responsibility of the parent choreography
that both performs and then attempts to finalize the sub-choreo.

If this position seems reasonable to other members, then we just need to
ensure that the spec is consistent, which can be handled at the same
time as making minor changes resulting from the implementation stage.

Regards
Gary